Houston 2 Ashville bound *and return*

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They have a good Flying J at exit 873 in Orange with B20. It is in the RV fuel lane. Good food there nice and clean. Very cold inside. :cold 3 Had to get a cup of coffee just to beable to paid for my fuel.:roflmao

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey you got my favorite flying J in gulfport
diesel pump is a BIOTCH they only have one diesel pump and its center island up front
go thru the rv side and save a ton of time. DO NOT EAT THERE its not quite clean
coffe is ok but no food from the restaraunte

and be on the look out for some serious trailer trash, lot lizards and shady characters. I dont know why but that flying j has its share of low lifes
REALLY
lock the truck and you know the rest

be assured the LOves across the street is just as bad
matter of fact that whole little section of miss is terrible. almost as bad as baton rouge
sorry folks but it true
but at least the fuel is cheaper in miss
be careful
I resided myslef long ago there is only two peple worth driving a trip like that in a short time
my wife and the grandbaby
other than that i would drive 8-10 and sleep over

good info...ill be packing heat...since ill be riding alone.
im used to this long distance stuff...ive done houston to virginia
non-stop...and part of that was in a hell of a snow storm...

i used to do this kinda stuff on the motorcycles...never got tired
on a bike...

strange as it sounds but my mind is so occupied w/ driving that
i find it RELAXING...no time to think about anything else.

heres the NIGHT version of Streets & Trips Map...nice...doesnt
BLIND you or light up the cab too much...

ASHEVILLE-ROUTEv2.jpg

jharvey

Shutter Bug
Reaction score
What time you gonna come thru Atlanta?? Rush hour starts about 2:00pm and lasts until 9:00pm (I'm not joking), Don't go thru downtown if you can help it, take I-285 around, the West side is not as bad as the East side and the worst is the top end between I-75 and I-85, I-85 will be a parking lot from about 4:00pm until about 7:00pm all the way up to I-985 or a little past there.

If you can time it just right and hit the outskirts of Atlanta around 7:00pm you should breeze thru without too much trouble.
Same thing goes for the morning traffic, try to be thru Atlanta before 8:00am or wait until after 10:00am.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
What time you gonna come thru Atlanta?? Rush hour starts about 2:00pm and lasts until 9:00pm (I'm not joking), Don't go thru downtown if you can help it, take I-285 around, the West side is not as bad as the East side and the worst is the top end between I-75 and I-85, I-85 will be a parking lot from about 4:00pm until about 7:00pm all the way up to I-985 or a little past there.

If you can time it just right and hit the outskirts of Atlanta around 7:00pm you should breeze thru without too much trouble.
Same thing goes for the morning traffic, try to be thru Atlanta before 8:00am or wait until after 10:00am.

That's a BIG 10-4 driver!

drchris1024

SDD Security
Reaction score
Bush I don't know if you'll get this but if you by chance need anything, you practically come thru my back yard. I live half way between Columbus and Lagrange.(about 15 miles off I-85)

Cell # 7064642490

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score

yeah im familar w/ hotlanta...its no different that HOUSTON...or some
other metro areas...i HOPE to be rolling thru there by 1pm...
I HOPE to be in asheville by 6 or 7pm...all indications are that i should
be able to do this in well under 16hrs.

Bush I don't know if you'll get this but if you by chance need anything, you practically come thru my back yard. I live half way between Columbus and Lagrange.(about 15 miles off I-85)

Cell # 7064642490

thanks, not leaving til early morning...ill have my laptop, & blackberry
with me....so ill be "connected" (not to forums necessarily) but anywhere
i can get a cell signal i can use my blackberry in as a modem connected
to my laptop.

ill also have my Autoenginuity w/ me (on the laptop).

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the cab does...a little...and youll laugh...but i TRY only to use RED interior
lights when im driving at night.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
will do ! thanks to all for the good thoughts !

02:30a here and im OFF...just checking fuel prices
before i head out the door ! im pretty sure i paid
the cheapest im gonna get....i topped off for 2.76
per gallon last night !

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg