How are you disposing of old oil?

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
Crumm said:
When we go to town for groceries or any other stuff we take the 05' F150.

Now I remember...you sold the Excursion and got the '05 F-150.

I'm done hijacking this thread...:sorry

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
Crumm said:
Where does all oil come from ?? ummmm the ground? ;) ;)

ha, yes but from well (get it??) below any ground water we generally use.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Tx_Atty said:
someone mentioned spreading it down a dirt road to suppress dust - I think that will cause problems too at least eventually.
That was me. We use to do that on the ranch many, many years ago. I imagine if a guy did that today he would be looking out through bars for the next 20-30 years.

I think this thread has gone in two different directions. 1. how to dispose of old oil properly. 2. Joking around about dumping oil out behind the shed. I imagine everyone out there knows that oil should be disposed of properly and I hope no one has taken the kidding around about "you don't want to know" as anything but a joke.:D

dpantazis

Reaction score
Jugs!

I find that the 2.5 gallon laundry detergent jugs work great for auto fluids. nice thick plastic. the spouts usually unscrew and you have a bigger hole than a new oil bottle and they fit under the truck right to aim the fumimto with a short drain hose purrrfectly.

disposal: i take it to a guy who has oil fired furnace. that is a good friend to have. he burns everything- oil, atf, hyd. oil. etc...

dennis

ps: i am working on a coal gassifcation plant site remediation right now- you would be AMAZED how long stuff lasts unerground and what oils, tars, etc. do to things. get me liqoured up and i will ignore the NDA

dougger222

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
When I ran out of my hobby farm in Southern MN I called around to the nearest town and found a NAPA/tractor store that would take all the oil I had. After storing the old oil for 3 years I loaded up the box of the short bed pick up and it was nearly full! After an oil change all the old oil was put back in the empty oil jugs. It took a little while emptying out all the oil jugs but it sure was nice getting that space back in the shop.

The place that took the oil burns the oil in there huge shop were they work on tractors and big rigs. The worker said most guys bring in 55 gallon drums and they have never had to pay a dollar for heating the huge shop.

One better than a corn burner!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14