How are you disposing of old oil?

bartman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CHPMustang said:
Or transfer from the draintainer into a 5 gallon pickle bucket or one of the 5 gallon liquid dishwashing detergent buckets with a spout for easy carry in.

mmmmmm........5 gallons of pickles.........aaaaarrrrrggghhhhhh, yummy! I will find a nice, suitable 5 gal bucket, until then I will use my empties.

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
bartman said:
mmmmmm........5 gallons of pickles.........aaaaarrrrrggghhhhhh, yummy! I will find a nice, suitable 5 gal bucket, until then I will use my empties.

I buy Rotella by the 5 gallon bucket at Wal Mart. Cheapest that way. I have make up oil between changes though so I usually use it.

Next change just buy a bucket of oil, then use it later for the used.:thumbs

bartman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
roosterdiesel said:
I buy Rotella by the 5 gallon bucket at Wal Mart. Cheapest that way. I have make up oil between changes though so I usually use it.

Next change just buy a bucket of oil, then use it later for the used.:thumbs

I will probably do that. Kill two birds with one stone.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Buckets, jars, jugs........ I still find my 55 gallon drum to be handier :sweet When I had my big truck I could fill two a year now I think it might take me about 4 or 5 years to fill it. If I only dumped the oil out of my psd in it it would take 15 years to fill it :)

HCAbowman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I take it to AZ also, they are pretty cool here and just tell me where to put the stuff. Its not bad at all, other wise I dump it here on base at the hobby shop.

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
Crumm said:
If I only dumped the oil out of my psd in it it would take 15 years to fill it :)

I've known for years that you've got one of the lowest mileage '96 PSDs around. C'mon Crumm...drive that beast.

lifted_up

TractorMan
Reaction score
My garbage service will pick it up for no extra charge if I call them and let them know. Just a little of that old country style service we can barely find anymore.:D

Skweeker

Resident Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Yup, use empty one gallon oil containers.

I dispose of my used oil at a Sunoco gas station. Helps to know the owner.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14