How are you disposing of old oil?

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
hheynow said:
I've known for years that you've got one of the lowest mileage '96 PSDs around. C'mon Crumm...drive that beast.
I will have you know that I put over 2500 miles on her last year. I am shooting for 2600 this year :p

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
Crumm said:
I will have you know that I put over 2500 miles on her last year. I am shooting for 2600 this year :p

That's exactly what I mean. You must be saving it for your great grand kids. :D Ya know that works out to 6.84931506849315 miles per day. How does it ever warm up? :dunno :D

Last edited:

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
JSPulliam21 said:
You don't want to know

STOP THAT! Seriously, if you dump it on the ground you are contaminating your own ground water.

ranger boy

Banned User
Reaction score
Tx_Atty said:
STOP THAT! Seriously, if you dump it on the ground you are contaminating your own ground water.
Really? learn somethin new everyday, I've never done it but I never knew that

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
2005Diesel said:
Really, the fluids put on the ground have to go somewhere, that includes oils, solvents, coolants, fertilizers, pesticides, herbicides etc etc etc.............

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
2005Diesel said:

That is why it is illegal. The oil seeps down and will eventually reach (and forever ruin) any ground water in the area. If that groundwater flows (as most does) it will then transport the oil to other water sources. Virtually every municipal water source is from groundwater with very few exceptions.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
hheynow said:
That's exactly what I mean. You must be saving it for your great grand kids. :D Ya know that works out to 6.84931506849315 miles per day. How does it ever warm up? :dunno :D
I drive it to work 5 miles each way three times a week from October until March. That gets me about 720 miles a year. I drive my old 75' to work the other six months because in the summer the yard where I park is very dusty and has alot of traffic(not a place for a nice truck). The other 1780 miles for the year is pure pleasure driving like draggin the boat down to the river or just cruising around. When we go to town for groceries or any other stuff we take the 05' F150. Doing it like this I figure the 96' will last me a lifetime :)

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
Tx_Atty said:
That is why it is illegal. The oil seeps down and will eventually reach (and forever ruin) any ground water in the area. If that groundwater flows (as most does) it will then transport the oil to other water sources. Virtually every municipal water source is from groundwater with very few exceptions.

Don't take this comment the wrong way but isn't asphalt made from petroleum? :dunno :D

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
hheynow said:
Don't take this comment the wrong way but isn't asphalt made from petroleum? :dunno :D

I believe oil is used yes (just from drive by observations) but I think the primary difference is the asphalt isnt concentrating a pool of it but rather using a very thin layer mixed onto or into whatever else they use. I just meant it will seep into the groundwater if you take a bottle (even a quart) and pour it out on one spot. Now, that being said, someone mentioned spreading it down a dirt road to suppress dust - I think that will cause problems too at least eventually.

I dont take things the wrong way do I? :sorry

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14