How long do you idle in cold weather??

FastColts

Love My PSD!
Reaction score
jvencius said:
Unless I'm going to be somewhere more than an hour or so, I try not to shut down. That's why I like my DTLS . I can set it and pull the key, but the truck stays running and if anyone hits the brake pedal (to put it in gear), the ignition shuts off and they're going nowhere. It was $220 VERY well spent, IMO...:thumbs

Will the Diesel Turbo Lifesaver work in conjunction with an Auxiliary Idle Controller? Can you increase the idle with the AIC and use the DTLS at the same time? It would be great to let it run at a high idle to avoid wet stacking and not have to worry about theft too much. If they will work together then the DTLS would serve as an effective anti-theft device. Will that work?

JohnBoyToo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMHO, $220 is approaching the cost of a Remote Starter and MOST of those have a turbo shut down feature and the low or not cost Hi-Idle mod everyones talking about will add the hi idle if you believe wet stacking is a real problem :)

And I list a remote start as the best option on a vehicle !

jvencius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FastColts said:
Will the Diesel Turbo Lifesaver work in conjunction with an Auxiliary Idle Controller? Can you increase the idle with the AIC and use the DTLS at the same time? It would be great to let it run at a high idle to avoid wet stacking and not have to worry about theft too much. If they will work together then the DTLS would serve as an effective anti-theft device. Will that work?

Yep--you have to set the idle speed on the AIC, then set the DTLS, but they will work together.

FastColts

Love My PSD!
Reaction score
jvencius said:
Yep--you have to set the idle speed on the AIC, then set the DTLS, but they will work together.

jvencius... I'm a bit confused (nothing new!). Before I saw your post, I emailed Bob at dieselsite.com and he replied that the AIC has no power when the TDLS is running. He did not elaborate. Do you have both on your truck? I gather from your post that the sequence has to be to set the AIC first, then the DTLS and they will both have power and work together. Please set me straight. :dunno
Thanks!

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
On mine I have a remote start. When I hit the turbo cool down button on the remote and turned off the key power was lost to the AIC. I then hooked up a extra ignition wire off the remote start module to the ignition wire that runs the AIC so now I can idle-up and keep it running in the cool down mode or in the extended mode on the remote start. I never do use the AIC with the cool down timer though. I figure two minutes isn't enough time to worry about wet stacking and I am trying to "cool down" not "warm up" and high idle is for warm up..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14