how many miles do you have on your 6.0ltr

bspan27801

I love those FORD's
Reaction score
Just curious, How many miles have you gone on your 6.0. Also have you had any trouble too. Now I know lot of you have had a lot of trouble but is there anybody out there like me that had hardly any trouble. I have had trouble free miles miles since 2006 and I am at 55K. This is the first time with any problems, have to have the FICM changed and an update.
I really love my 06 6.0ltr. I had a 7.3 and it was a good motor too, but had lot of little pain in the you now what, problems. Looking forward to your comments
Thanks

mustangmuscle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bought mine used 03 w/ 40k now I just turned 120k this week. only things I've done was battery, alternator (lots of bad words trying to put the belt back on) Overhead display. I love my Powerstroke

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
one new radiator
one hpop quick disconnect failure
one reflash
one egr

all in all i cant complain to much

Fine69

Reaction score
21,000 miles on mine. I've had the Turbo replaced 4 times, a couple small oil leaks, and 2 or 3 recalls, nothing major. My turbo vanes keep rusting due to not using my truck enough. Other than that I really do like this truck!

RandyH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only had it a few months so far. An oasis report shows the prev. owner made two trips to the dealer for EGR and one for injector o-rings. I loved my 7.3L but I'm really glad I moved up 6 years newer to my 05 6.0L! :D It's got 83K on the odo.

patrickc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also just bought my 6.0L late last summer. I had it brought to Canada from a California Ford dealership and before it left the dealership it had the headgaskets done, the turbo cleaned, and a replacement EGR all under warranty. It had 50K miles when I purchased it and I've only put 5K on it since. (trouble free, lol) Personally I don't think it needed any warranty work done but they squeaked it through to create work for dealerships mechanics.

My 02 7.3 never had any serious problems with the motor other than the odd CPS. However, I did have problems with the transmission holding together until the third rebuild then my tranny guy got so pissed off that he built one all brand new with the best parts he could get his hands on including a brand new Ford case. All in all the 02 was the best and most reliable truck I have owned to date even with 230K+ miles. I would like to add that it rarely got driven easily also.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I have 100,000 miles and only one problem, the EGR was replaced at 67,000 miles (warranty).

Dave

kingkevindavid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 60,000 on mine that I have owned since new with basically no problems. The dealership has been and still is chasing a slight oil leak for the last month or so. I have already had a new rear main seal and glow plug harness put in under warranty for the oil leak. We will see what else they decide to replace. I wouldn't even worry about the leak if I had to do the work myself (or pay for it) I just want it done while I still have the warranty left.

Ironmerganser

Ironmerganser
Reaction score
Just posted about this actually!!

100,458 miles
belts and hoses (lots of bad words like mustangmuscle)
battery
1 egr valve
oil and filter every 5k miles
fuel filters ever 10k miles

Running like a champ!!! Plan on driving it to 200k!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58