how many miles do you have on your 6.0ltr

snicklas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Mine has almost 88k on it.

The PO had it in for a couple of minor problems. I have had it for a year and a half and have had:

ECM flash for cold start / no power issues (Inductive heating flash) - Under warrenty
Needs an ICP sensor - Has a slight oil leak and CEL on because of it.
Had the ball joints replaced by dealer when I bought it - pop in front end, still there I think it the sway bar bushings..... not really a problem, just annoying. - Under Warrenty
New tires and batteries at dealer when I bought it. - Part of the deal to buy

Fresh Motorcraft oil filter and Rotella 15W40 every 5000 mi
Fresh Motorcraft fuel filters every 10,000 miles.

Drive it like I stole it every once in a while to keep the EGR happy
Feed it when it is hungry and put PowerService DieselKleen in every tank - silver in the summer, white in the winter.

Absoultely love the truck.... hauls and pulls anything I ask it to....

Yaz

Power Stroke
Reaction score
Just hit 58. The only time it sees a Ford shop is for a LOF

f100cleveland

When In Doubt,THROTTLE ON
Reaction score
19k Had the Ford emblem replaced, one speed sensor, and a reflash. Used mainly to pull the camper and to haul the f100 to the strip.

acjjkamp

Blitz and Harley
Reaction score
24k since new, no major problems,
minor bell housing drip since day 1, but not worth getting fixed

ponyexpress94

Diesel Power Junkie
Reaction score
Bought my truck one year ago this week with 29,000 miles on it. My parents owned the truck prior to me. When they had it, three injectors failed due to bad fuel, and the egr needed to be cleaned. Rear axle pinion seal was seeping too. The Truck needed both drivers side ball joints replaced to pass state inspection when I purchased it from my parents. Currently has 47,*** miles on it and the only thing I have done is replace the batteries and perform oil changes every 3k miles, fuel filters every 10k miles, air filter every 30k miles, rotate tires every 6k miles and drain the HFCM once a month. The truck gets Ford Cetane Booster at every fill up and I only use ULSD. I make sure to make a good hard acceleration pull to "purge" the EGR system of any soot every time I see a highway on ramp.:sweet

Despite the relatively low mileage, I do worry sometimes about the cost of owning a 6.0 Liter that no longer has a warranty, but I love the truck too much to part with it so I just do my very best to keep up with the maintenance.

rudeduck

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
225000 on my 07 and in the last 20000 miles I replaced the FICUM, head gaskets and studs, oil cooler, high pressure exaust gas sen. and put an EGR delete kit on it. Up until then the only problem I had was with EGRs.

sasquatch

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
34,300 on the clock on my '07. Finally got new head gaskets after three dealerships and 14,000 miles of driving like a grandma since it first over heated.

Oh, and a brand spankin new degauss bottle cap.

Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine has 102k on it. Keep in mind that mine tows a trailer about half the time, around town in stop and go driving.
Work list:
3 sets of batteries. It has gotten a new set every year under warranty.
HPOP recall
Tie Rod ends
Muffler replaced because one of the baffles broke off inside and was rattling. Of course, it was cheaper to replace it with a 4" turbo back exhaust. Really.
Brakes once.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58