http://www.diy-injectors.com

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
94f450sd said:
dont forget that you also need to check the poppet clearances and possiblydo some machineing to get them right.

What? How?

I've been glued to the injector tear down wiki article and contacting Jim. I have to see what it will run me. I'd like to switch to singles.-popcorn

JOAT

I Found Nemo!
Reaction score
Interesting. I didn't realize that was DZLJIM's site. Glad to see he is breaking away from the other injector places that seem determined to keep the process shrouded in secrecy. FWIW Jim was the only injector guy who came forward and offered help and encouragement when I posted I was interested in trying a DIY tear-down. There were others who contacted me but only to try and discourage me:(

If you are starting with good injectors I see no reason anyone who is mechanically inclined couldn't pull the intensifier pistons and have them machined. It is a bit tricky getting things back together but doable. Cleanliness is the most important thing. I've had a few of mine apart just to inspect and got them back together with no operational problems.
WIKI writeup on injector tear-down/assembly

Edit: Poppet clearance may not be a pressing issue unless you already have a problem there, in which case you need to take care of it anyway. It's easy enough to check the clearance, and decide if machining is needed while you have them out.

As to the need for a flow bench, that is mainly going to be needed if you are modifying nozzles. If you leave the nozzles alone they should not be affected by this type mod.

Now if you know you have injector problems already, then this type DIY mod may not be as practical. Determining which components are defective may or may not be simple. DZLJIM may well work with you tho in such a case. Sending a problem injector in and doing the rest yourself would still save $$$

Last edited:

bdp

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
The 160cc rating is if you have enough pulse width to empty the injector it has the capability of flowing 160cc.

Not sure what is meant by the whole need hybrids for over 165cc, only need for hybrids is to get more fuel by using less hpo. Maby what ya meant was because the oil pressure is dropping and getting less atomization it can wash the cylinders but this has nothing to do with idle. We make a-codes all the way to 255cc with no idle issues.

Oh ya, and after being on order for 6 months the flow bench should be in on the 24th.

JOAT

I Found Nemo!
Reaction score
bdp said:
Oh ya, and after being on order for 6 months the flow bench should be in on the 24th.

Cool, that'll be fun to play with. I'm curious if anyone knows what effect nozzle calibration has on fuel economy. I'm told TDI's that otherwise seem to run normal can lose as much as 25% on fuel economy with injectors not calibrated the same. Wonder if similar is true for HEUI's.

catdiesel

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
97CREWCABPSD said:
I see a few problems here one is do any of you have a 25,000 dollar flow bench to be able to match all 8 injectors to identicle flow rate because if you dont then there is no possible way to make your truck run right. and 2 is there is physically no way to get more than 138ccs through a stock nozzle. to reach the 140cc, 150cc, 160cc you have to change the nozzle. lastly any injectors over approx. 165cc you have to go to a hybrid design other wise when you create that kind of injector flow at an idle you will dump so much fuel in it will actually "flood the cylinders" with raw fuel and the engine will not run.

Its called "pulse width"-with-"programming":lmao :roflmao

Last edited:

STROKIN96

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
WOW:D
I really wanna do my own now.....could save me a bunch of money......:cool:
I have a set of AB's(7 out of a Cali truck) and one bad AA( that we found IN the Cali truck:confused: ) I could practice on.....I think 160cc would be what I want.....My truck runs fine right now 137k on it but what happens if I tear the injectors down and find worn parts???? I looked over DZLJIM site too fast to see but I'm pretty sure that "most" of the internals get replaced:confused:

Carl

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58