HUMAN CAUSED GLOBAL WARMING, THINK IT'S A FACT??

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Yeah, and in a few years they will come back and say trans fats are actually good for you. Just like they can't decide whether or not being fat is REALLY bad for you or if high cholesterol is really as big a factor in heart problems as they thought. Read health magazines, one month caffeine is bad for you then is really great the next.

Next week this guy is going to sound the alarm to start releasing massive amounts of R-12 because the hole in the ozone is crucial to global health and we need it back. Everything in the media goes back and forth from month to month. I think they think some of us are idiots.

I remember as a kid, that orange juice was reported to cause cancer.

anyone else remember that?

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I remember as a kid, that orange juice was reported to cause cancer.

anyone else remember that?

dont remember that, but i remember them saying PEANUT BUTTER
caused cancer...surely that news alone killed some kids :lmao

Last edited:

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
You have some very valid points, but honesty, integrity and principles do not change, unfortunately many in this country have forgotten them, or never learned them.
As you get older, your opinions on most things change. Example is when I was young, I liked to hunt for the sport, not for eating the meat. Now I do not want to hunt to kill anything that I do not eat. I do not begrudge anyone else from hunting, it is just that I have changed with time.

So honesty, integrity and principles are the same now as they were in, lets say, 1870? or 1930? 1970, maybe? So your saying a mans values would be no different during the days of the wild west, prohibition or during the Vietnam war? Not sure I can wrap my arms around that.

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So honesty, integrity and principles are the same now as they were in, lets say, 1870? or 1930? 1970, maybe? So your saying a mans values would be no different during the days of the wild west, prohibition or during the Vietnam war? Not sure I can wrap my arms around that.

The values have not changed, mans use and interpretation of those values has changed.

The other day I was talking to a young lady, and I said that many people here have a lack of integrity, now days. Her comment was "what is integrity".

How sad....

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
I hate to be the one to say this, Maxtor...but its only gonna get worse. Religion was taken out of schools years ago. Alot of schools no longer have The pledge of allegiance..American flags are also getting to be a thing of the past in some places. Even some churches have taken down the Stars and Bars and put up denominational flags. I quit going to my family's regular church several years ago because they put the American flag BELOW the denominational flag. I was told that it was what the congregation wanted. I told them I'd find another church. To me its Old Glory, POW / MIA, and then whatever you want to fly. But thats just me. I guess what I'm trying to say is that its not really the fault of young people, its the current climate society wise. And the climate that existed while they were being raised. And as time goes by, things are going to change. Just my .02

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hate to be the one to say this, Maxtor...but its only gonna get worse. Religion was taken out of schools years ago. Alot of schools no longer have The pledge of allegiance..American flags are also getting to be a thing of the past in some places. Even some churches have taken down the Stars and Bars and put up denominational flags. I quit going to my family's regular church several years ago because they put the American flag BELOW the denominational flag. I was told that it was what the congregation wanted. I told them I'd find another church. To me its Old Glory, POW / MIA, and then whatever you want to fly. But thats just me. I guess what I'm trying to say is that its not really the fault of young people, its the current climate society wise. And the climate that existed while they were being raised. And as time goes by, things are going to change. Just my .02

How true....and so sad...

Remember, church is for the people who are NOT perfect, " like me", who enjoy thanking God for all that he has created. It also helps me keep a better attitude towards others, "which I need".

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
How true....and so sad...

Remember, church is for the people who are NOT perfect, " like me", who enjoy thanking God for all that he has created. It also helps me keep a better attitude towards others, "which I need".

Yep. I'm in the same boat. I also spend time with my father-in-law and it helps me see things I wouldn't otherwise see. He's 77 and a Korean war veteran. :hail

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14