i am old!!

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got a re-mastered Waylon Jennings album from J.D.'s, live. I go way back. Love the old music. Not sure "they forgot" how to sing after that. I think Mr. Cash, Johnny Horton, Marty Robbins, Roger Miller; to name a few wouldn't see it that way. ;)

They started their careers in the 50's. :D

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Elvis.
YouTube - Elvis Presley, Hound Dog

The 50's had all of the good music, I don't hear any new stuff that I could call good any more like we did back
then, and yes I met Elvis once when I was about 16 or 17.
I was coming out of the mans room at a gas station in Jonesboro AR and he was going in. Never said a word to him.

Last edited:

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
They started their careers in the 50's. :D

But their careers didn't end in the 50's. Thats one of the reasons I've always been a fan of 'ol Waylon. He played bass for Buddy Holly and gave up his seat on the ill fated flight for J.P. Richardson, aka "The Big Bopper'. To me his music and playing style stood the test of time, even though he re-invented himself along the way several times. Of couse the passing of time and legendary drug use will do that to you. But he got started on rock-a-billy. Cash got started in the 50's but he put out great music until shortly before he passed. He even had a T.V. variety show in the 70's. Some artists were able to continue thru the different decades.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14