i am old!!

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But their careers didn't end in the 50's. Thats one of the reasons I've always been a fan of 'ol Waylon. He played bass for Buddy Holly and gave up his seat on the ill fated flight for J.P. Richardson, aka "The Big Bopper'. To me his music and playing style stood the test of time, even though he re-invented himself along the way several times. Of couse the passing of time and legendary drug use will do that to you. But he got started on rock-a-billy. Cash got started in the 50's but he put out great music until shortly before he passed. He even had a T.V. variety show in the 70's. Some artists were able to continue thru the different decades.

yes all great artists stand the test of time, but their style was developed in the 50's.:D

I am still hanging on, but I was created in the 40's, so I would not be considered a 2008 type of guy.

Last edited:

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
yes all great artists stand the test of time, but their style was developed in the 50's.:D

I am still hanging on, but I was created in the 40's, so I would not be considered a 2008 type of guy.

The Edsel was from the 50's too, Maxtor. :D

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
WOW! You guys are really showin your age!:stir

I'm a few clicks from 50, but grew up in an era of record players and Hi-fi's. I used to listen to all kinds of music as a kid. I can fondly remember listening to stacks of 45's with my brothers. Mom liked Dean Martin and Perry Como. She'd blast that old stuff while cleaning the house. I liked the old cowboys even as a kid. We wore out some records they'd be played so much. Hank Sr., Gene Autry, Tommy Duncan and the Texas Playboys, and alot of novelty records. Sgt. Barry Sadler singing the Ballad of the Green Berets is classic, as is Snoopy vs. the Red Baron by the Royal Guardsman. Surely I can't be the only one with a touch of nostalgia for music.

Reaction score
ha i got you all beat my 14 year old nephew went to see Rush last night for his birthday present. Guitar hero and rockband are really makin fans of these new kids. Sorta like on sirius they listed as a new song blaze of glory by bon jovi :roflmao

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
wow i got a good topic going again!!:sweet i listen to patsy cline as well.i like all kinds of music.old country,new country,50s,60s,70s.80s,90s,rock,rap,raggae,metal,eclectic,even some spanish music.if it sounds good in the trucks ill jam to it.

this song always brings a tear to my eyes. red sovine - teddy bear (original)

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wow i got a good topic going again!!:sweet i listen to patsy cline as well.i like all kinds of music.old country,new country,50s,60s,70s.80s,90s,rock,rap,raggae,metal,eclectic,even some spanish music.if it sounds good in the trucks ill jam to it.

this song always brings a tear to my eyes. red sovine - teddy bear (original)

You sure did Rich...You are fortunate you have such a broad taste in music as most of the guys here have.
Some of us (like me) are one dimensional. One of the new talents is Helmut Lotti. He is part Elvis, part Frank Sinatra. He has a album called the crooners, that is sensational.

YouTube - Helmut Lotti - Suspicious Minds

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg