I am ready this year - bring it on

yukondiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well if you're already tired of it up there then send it on down this way I'm up for some serious entertainment I'd love to see what all of these Floridians would do with even a dusting. I'd be better than in atlanta, almost want to set up a lounge chair in the parking lot at the grocery store to laugh.

I was in Mobile, Alabama several years ago when they got less than a dusting. There were some covered areas on the grass, the cars had about 1/2 in of sleet/frozen snow...etc. Nothing on the roads,

The airport was closed. When it finally opened, there was a guy riding in the back of a pickup with a 55 gallon drum, a small 12 volt pump and a garden hose de-icing the planes that were parked in the shade of the terminal. The planes in the sun were already clean.

Interstate 10 was closed

Work places Gov't offices and schools closed early

And I had to TRY to explain to my wife that I was "SNOWED IN" in Mobile Alabama.

So be careful Crumm, if your plan includes going south to get relief. You could get snowed in there!
Regards and enjoy...joe:rolleyes:

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
So be careful Crumm, if your plan includes going south to get relief. You could get snowed in there!
The kids always hear about Snow days down there and wonder why they can't get one. Only thing my kids get on a snow day is a tardy slip from first period because there bus driver is a goober that has trouble chaining up. They do close school if at 6am the temperature is -60º or colder.

yukondiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The kids always hear about Snow days down there and wonder why they can't get one. Only thing my kids get on a snow day is a tardy slip from first period because there bus driver is a goober that has trouble chaining up. They do close school if at 6am the temperature is -60º or colder.
It was, at the same time very funny and kind of sad to see those people in such a panic. Even the state highway patrol was not driving any more than necessary..Just keeping the highways closed.
60 below? How does that truck even start?!? What do you do with the fuel? Kerosene? Are the installed block heaters THAT good or do you do something else (not that I NEED to know). Is it still snowing there?

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
60 below? How does that truck even start?!? What do you do with the fuel? Kerosene? Are the installed block heaters THAT good or do you do something else (not that I NEED to know). Is it still snowing there?

Naw quit snowing a few days ago. Good news is that all the snow we get stays here until spring :dizzy None of that silly snow/melt/snow/melt process that happens in the lower 48.

We run straight number 1. I usually add a little Howes or Schaeffers too for added protection but it is not really necessary with the #1.. The factory block heater is good enough for the coolant but it is a good idea to add a oil pan heater in sub zero temperatures. With the block heater and oil pan heater plugged in my glow plug light only stays on for a few seconds and the truck fires right up like it is 60º above zero even if it is -60º. You can tell other things are cold such as the power steering pump and alternator make bad noises for a minute or so and of course things like the seats are hard as a rock. All-in-all if you are properly prepared cold weather is tolerable.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Update

:muhaha I love this warm weather :woot Snow = warm, clear = cold.

15º and snowing. 3" on the porch this morning. Be time to get out the :plow this afternoon after it is done

Winter Weather Advisory
Statement as of 4:24 AM AKDT on October 22, 2008

...Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until midnight akdt
tonight...

A Winter Weather Advisory for snow remains in effect until
midnight akdt tonight.

Snow will continue through this evening...with storm total
snowfall of 3 to 6 inches by late this evening. The snow will
taper off to flurries by around midnight tonight.

A Winter Weather Advisory means that one or more winter hazards
are expected to cause travel difficulties. Use caution when
traveling.

yukondiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, at 15F at least the snow is light. When is snows here, sometimes its near 30F. That crap is like CONCRETE on the plow. We are at least 4-6 weeks from any real snow, probably more like 8 weeks. I CAN"T WAIT!!! ...Joe

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hammond La. ? 3:30 CT, 72'n sunny. Might rain tonite. Take'n off for Wallisville Tx (Houston) in the AM. Sposta be sunny & warm for the next week (Sposta be). Then on to San Antonio.

Love'n every minute.. Life Is Good

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
we just had a cold windy front drop in from amarillo
it was 76 or so at 3 pm now its just barley 60 and windy
BURRRRRRR time to break out the long johns :sly

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members