i got my new banks ram-air intake today

PSD POWER007

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you had any CEL's with this intake system? I had an AFE stage 2 kit on my truck last year and it was constantly giving me MAF sensor related CEL's. I think they just tried to make the intake tube too big. AFE sent me several fixes for the problem and none of them fixed it. So, I returned the system for a full refund. I want an intake system like this one or the AFE stage 2 the has the filter fully enclosed, I'm just scared of having trouble all over again.

F350CCFX4

Smokin Bye
Reaction score
Looks damn near identical to Airraid kit. I read of the issues you had with pitting on the turbo due to the K&N.

Most people don't look at the Micron numbers and that's where they get bit.

K&N .07
AFE .05
Airaid .02

Smaller the allowance the better. Haven't read what Banks is. Looks like more search is needed. Enjoy the new mod!!

Last edited:

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Have you had any CEL's with this intake system? I had an AFE stage 2 kit on my truck last year and it was constantly giving me MAF sensor related CEL's. I think they just tried to make the intake tube too big. AFE sent me several fixes for the problem and none of them fixed it. So, I returned the system for a full refund. I want an intake system like this one or the AFE stage 2 the has the filter fully enclosed, I'm just scared of having trouble all over again.

believe it or not, i have never had the 1st. CEL come on with any of the mods i have done.

this is what banks states about the AFE CEL's

Banks Ram-air® Others
Giant 7-1/8" filter outlet + smooth-radius, large-diameter streamlined components optimize airflow & power Smaller filter outlet, sharp bends & chokepoints restrict airflow & power
Inlet on housing bottom draws more air (cooler, denser, under-vehicle air) Side inlet draws in less air (warmer engine-compartment air)
Exclusive! 5" bellows accommodates engine movement Without bellows, engine movement causes components to separate, or rub & wear out, allowing dirt/particles into engine & turbo
Designed to not cause fault or error codes In tests, AFE & K&N caused “check engine” codes

i never got a CEL with my K&N.:dunno

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Looks damn near identical to Airraid kit. I read of the issues you had with pitting on the turbo due to the K&N.

Most people don't look at the Micron numbers and that's where they get bit.

K&N .07
AFE .05
Airaid .02

Smaller the allowance the better. Haven't read what Banks is. Looks like more search is needed. Enjoy the new mod!!

i think the airraid is open on the top, but is closed off by the hood when it is closed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58