I Got pulled over on Friday!

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
What? No stories about a Skoal chewing, pot-belled Southern sheriff, who pulls you over, tells you to get out of the truck, and then proceeds to tell you
"You're in a HEAP of trouble, boy!"?:roflmao

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
rray32539 said:
What? No stories about a Skoal chewing, pot-belled Southern sheriff, who pulls you over, tells you to get out of the truck, and then proceeds to tell you
"You're in a HEAP of trouble, boy!"?:roflmao

If you're reffering to me, then I would have to say: "he had to catch me to say that". It's a long story.........

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will not be trying to out run any of them in my little One Ton Crew Cab. I tried it out last week going up to North East Arkansas, on a real good road and it shout off at 98 MPH. I don't think I could out run very many of them at that speed. I will say this about it. It sure don't take it long to get to that 98 MPH-popcorn :D

HCAbowman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bounced the limiter on the Ex this weekend, 'bout 96ish is what I figured...I was pretty impressed with it!

Ford_Forgotton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been pulled over twice in the last ohhhh 4 or 5 years now?

The last time was while I was still in new orleans, (welllll before katrina!). I had buggered up my ICP sensor connector from shoving too many 10k mods in and out of it, and the truck would occasionally die. Well, it died, on the uphill side of a bridge overpass, in the left lane, in traffic, at rushour.

I get it restarted and FLOORED IT! I wanted onto the DOWNHILL side before it did it again. Well, I get about a mile up the road and POW! Christmas tree in my mirrors. I pull over, and its the unmarked crown vic that was behind me when my truck died.

Guy walks up, and first thing he says is, "Dont worry, Im not writing any tickets". Wanted to know what all I had done to the truck, as he had one at home, and he'd never had a truck that big walk away from him that fast. I told him that I had one of the SLOWER trucks and he just shook his head.

The time before that, I still had my Thunderbird SuperChicken and was doing 110 on I-5 with the cruise control on when I shot passed an unmarked. He let me go with a warning!!! He asked what my hurry was, and I said, "No hurry, just cruising".

Doggy Daddy

"Junior Member"?? OUCH!!
Reaction score
I heard the story of a guy with a Dodge that was challanging another truck by smoking his tires. Cop pulled him over and engaged in conversation about what he had done to his truck, so he went on at length about all the performance work he had done. Turned out he was just digging his own grave as the cop wrote a heavier ticket because of all the hot rod stuff. It could go either way, I guess.

Ford_Forgotton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doggy Daddy said:
I heard the story of a guy with a Dodge that was challanging another truck by smoking his tires. Cop pulled him over and engaged in conversation about what he had done to his truck, so he went on at length about all the performance work he had done. Turned out he was just digging his own grave as the cop wrote a heavier ticket because of all the hot rod stuff. It could go either way, I guess.

Urban Legend... :sorry:

Cop can only write you up for what he witnessed. And "hot rod" parts are not illegal.

Here in WA, they can pull you over and write you a ticket just for revving your motor. Its under the street racing laws, and "instigating" a race is a ticketable offense. But just driving around with a hot rod vehicle is not against the law.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Ford_Forgotton said:
Here in WA, they can pull you over and write you a ticket just for revving your motor. Its under the street racing laws, and "instigating" a race is a ticketable offense.
Dang!:eek: :eek:

JohnBoyToo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You boys with a bouncing off the speed limiter problem !!!!

EASILY fixed with any number of tuners
and they will ROCKET past that slow 96 or 98 mph :) :) :)

fast as your puker power on the seat can take :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58