I Hate Mondays

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well it finally happened to me. My truck has had a heck of a couple of months. First had a blow out and messed up the rear fender and then a couple of weeks ago one of the guys ran into the front bumper of my truck with the fork lift and moved the ranch hand bumper over 2". I just lossened the bolts and put it back were it was suppost to go.

Now the real reason of this story was yesterday I was on my way to the office on I-45 in Houston and traffic came to a stop in a hurry which I stopped just fine but something caught my eye in the rearview mirror. It was a van that was not stopping that slammed into the back of me. He was doing about 65 mph and never hit his brakes. I was what stopped his forward movement. My truck slid forward about 5 feet, you could see my tire marks on the pavement from were I slid forward and hit the vehicle in front of me. After stepping out of the truck with a sore back I looked and he had broke the welds on my ranch hand bumper and almost ripped the reciver hitch off completely. The truck infront of me had a dent in his tail gate. It was a ford bronco and I hit his spare tire. No big damage.

The truck was still driveable so we moved off the freeway when the cops showed up. The guy that hit me got all of the tickets. I went to the office to complete my paper work and then went to the doctor for my back. After leaving the doctors I went to the ford dealer, for them to look at the truck so that insurance could start on the truck.

Well apon further review of the truck in noticed that the bed was nolonger straight, the driverside had a gap of 2" and the pass side had .5" gap. The stacks were uneven the driveside was pushed forward and the passengerside was moved back. The passengerside door did nolonger seal at the bottom. We got into the bed of the truck to keep looking and checking things out, then I noticed that there were stress fractors in the roof of the truck. There were cracks from the back to the front on the roof. Then I saw it, there was a buckle in the roof, which they said that means that the frame was bent. They would get a better look when the truck was in the shop.

After the accident we had to pull the ladders out of the bed of my bed and the ladder rack actually ripped out of the roof of the van and was laying in between the two trucks. The insurance agent is going to be at the house on Thursday to look at the truck. I had my wife follow me down the road to look at the truck and she said that it was dog walking down the road. The rearend was moved out to the right side, so the truck is not driving straight. Plus the tires had flat spots from were I slid so the truck is not driveable right now because my back can't handle the bouncing.

I'll get pics of the trucks when I get back intown and let ya'll know more on Thursday. But the way it looks. I may be moving into an 08 sooner than I thought. We will have to wait and see.

keanoknick

Big Stroker
Reaction score
I am sorry to hear that, I hope your back gets better soon, back injuries suck. I hope the insurance gets everything straightened out for you, and gets you the $$$ compensation you deserve, for both damages, and injuries.

Please post some pics when you get a chance. Hope you get feeling better soon!

Buffs F-350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am sorry to here about your truck and i'm shure others will say it but at least you walked away. Take care of your back and keep us updated.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
man, that really blows...
about the back and the truck..

good part of it is, you walked away

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bummer on the crash...hope youre doing better and arent seriously
hurt.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
I know we love our trucks, but your health is more important.

I feel your pain something bad Justin. Hope all is well.

Sorry about your rig too, it was lookin so sweet.

92F350CC

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I hope you are okay. Stuff like this pisses me off. I guess it's a good thing for that guy he didn't hit me, because I have a REALLY short fuse and in situations like this I act first, think later, and would probably be the one in trouble with the police.

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am doing better, my back is still sore. The doctor said it was the muscles that were sore, because I tensed up before the hit.

The party that made me mad was the driver asked if we could tell the police that his brother was driving because he didn't have a US drivers license. He had a one from the southern state.

Thanks for the replies guys.

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
Thats bad. Hope the brothers insurance will cover the car the illegal was driving.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14