I Hate Mondays

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for words guys ya'll are the best. Back is still sore and have had some other internal issues come up. So now I am going back to the doctor tomorrow. Insurance companies are still fighting now because they can't get ahold of the driver of the other van or the owner.

Insurance Agent showed up today to take pics of the truck and I showed him the roof were those cracks were and he said that looked like something that happened before the accident. He thinks the truck had hail damage and they covered the roof in bondo and now it is starting to crack. So they are not going to cover to have that fixed. I told him that they were not there prior to the wreck and the reason I pay for insurance is for them to fix my truck.

They don't even have to it is going to be the other guys insurance. Then there are scratches in the tailgate from the ladders and the ladder rack and the agent told me that those scratches happened prior to the wreck also.

My truck has a howling noise in the rearend now when I start breaking. He told me that it probably came from when I put bigger tires on my truck and not the guy rearending me.

I asked the guy to please leave my property because by that point I was about to unload on him and I really didn't feel up to it. So I am still fighting. I'll keep ya'll informed.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you should be contacting the OTHER DRIVERS INSURANCE *NOT* YOURS !

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you should be contacting the OTHER DRIVERS INSURANCE *NOT* YOURS !

I have been in contact with their insurance company but they are in a stand still untill they have a confermation that the driver was allowed to drive the van. So they will not pay anything on my truck until then. I called my insurance company just incase things went south and they said no they are not going to fix anything. Which is basically were I am at right now. I can't even get ahold of my insurance company right now.

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Kevin. I am sticking to my guns. Has your wife made any new t-shirts. Wife was wondering. Loves hers

Buffs F-350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hate to say it but it may be time to get a lawyer. No matter what if you have colision on your truck your insurance IS resposable to repair it then thay go after the other company for the money. I dont know what company you have but I have never had a problem with state farm. By the way adjusters are idiots and just try to do it cheapest.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hate to say it but it may be time to get a lawyer. No matter what if you have colision on your truck your insurance IS resposable to repair it then thay go after the other company for the money. /QUOTE]

What Buff sez.

Whatever the other parties Issues are..? They Are NOT Your Issues.. In any way. You have nothing to do with that. NOTHING. Your Insurance Company needs to Repair or Total Your truck, Bottom Line. Who pays ? Not your problem.

Keep Standing Your Ground. Take notes. Get names. Take pictures.

It's a PIA to get >some< Insurance Companies to do what
we pay them to do sometimes.

Hope you get it straightened out, (no pun)

Joe

I'm "Fresh" with this cuz a "Mystery" vehicle hit the wife's car in a parking lot recently. Got a Lawyer, got it fixed.

Last edited:

ckamp52

ckamp52
Reaction score
hey man sorry about the truck. hope you're feeling better. i had the same sort of thing happen to me when i was 16. i got hit by a lawn crew ( Illegals of course) decided you could turn right from the left hand lane with a trailer of lawn equip. they had no insurance on them but the cop let them call the boss and get him to bring it to them and there wwere 8 of em in and x-cab truck and somehow the cop let them slide when they said they all had seatbelts on:dunno and after all this the cop says it was nobodys fault even tho they turned from the left lane so i had to pay for my own damages basically cuz i was only 16 and everyone knows we cant drive even though i grew up on a ranch and in this small town where everyone drives gefore you turn 16 but stick with it and hope it all comes out in your favor

Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As my insurance agent told me, if you look at your certificate it is the vehicle that is insured, not the driver. It is assumed that if the vehicle is not stolen the driver has permission.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14