idler arm

97powerstroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i got the bolt that attaches to the centerlink right out,but the one attaching to the frame wont budge,it spins in the bushings,feels loose,but will not come out,ive been tryin for hours and im fumed,help please

97powerstroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nevermind i finally got it,its four the steering on my lift,it connects to the centerlink.i had to cut the bolt.the bolt and the steel sleeve inside the bushing rusted together,it sucked.i replaced the centerlink,idler arm bushings and the inner tie rods,and the front end of my truck will start shaking bad around 50, but once i go over or under it,it almost tottaly stops,which this was why i replaced alot of these parts in the first place cause they were worn,but it still does it,im guessing an alignment now

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
DEATH WOBBLE

its the DEATH WOBBLE!!!!!
check:
-ball joints
-all steering components
-all suspension bushings
-wheel bearings

its not the alignment. if you have a lift it probably isnt perfect, but that will make it handle poorly, wear tires irregularly, but it wont make it shake.

the death wobble is very common on the TTB setup ford had. usually when a truck is lifted, and later gets the death wobble, its because one of the lowering brackets somewhere loosened up.

also, are we talking about the truck or the bronco?

Last edited:

97powerstroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
why does it just wobble around 50mph, its just annoying and embarrassing,but ill check the drop brackets for sure

97powerstroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my truck has some kind of camber ball joints ,the ones you adjust or whatever.when im driving forward the front tires look fine,straight up and down,but when i back up somewhere and park it,the front tires look like there collapsing inward.why is that,any ideas

JOAT

I Found Nemo!
Reaction score
Yeah, either lower ball joints, or an illusion caused by loose tie-rod ends and/or bushings on the 2 and 4wd front suspensions. When the toe is set proper going forward, any play in the above when backing allows considerable movement of the front of the tires inward, and even more to the back of the tires outward. When they toe in they give the illusion they are leaning in at the top when viewed from the front. With bad lower ball joints the bottoms move out so they really do lean in, plus it affects the toe as above too.

As far as toe goes axle pivot bushing play on my 2wd of less than 1/8" total, working against the tie-rods, leveraged into a 5/8" change in toe (front to back measureds at rim) when I backed up! (hope I explained that in a way that made sense). Energy suspension bushings got rid of almost all of that particular problem.

Hemi Hunter

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Death Wobble?

nevermind i finally got it,its four the steering on my lift,it connects to the centerlink.i had to cut the bolt.the bolt and the steel sleeve inside the bushing rusted together,it sucked.i replaced the centerlink,idler arm bushings and the inner tie rods,and the front end of my truck will start shaking bad around 50, but once i go over or under it,it almost tottaly stops,which this was why i replaced alot of these parts in the first place cause they were worn,but it still does it,im guessing an alignment now

Move the back tires to the front and vice versa, it's probably a seperated belt. I've seen it several times before. I've even seen it on almost new tires.

CU
Steven

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58