I'm done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
I'll bet this new career will be more lucrative for ya than anything RV.. Whadya Think ;):D

The work enviroment is very "layed back", almost too much so for me. I like staying busy instead of standing around "visiting", time passes more quickly.
Unlike the RV place, I don't have someone on my ass every minute of the day. I don't have a suspected alcoholic, medication addicted manager trying to bully & intimidate me, I'm not trying to do the job of 2 "helpers" in addition to my own and I'm getting paid what I was promised. (I think one big reason the RV place did me they way they did, was because I stood up to to the bullying style of management.)

On another note:
I took my first FAA exam today, the General written exam with a 95%. I have the other two, Airframe and Powerplant next week.

Last edited:

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
I finished the last of my FAA writtens today. So all I have to do now is spend a couple of days with the designated mechanic examiner. That's scheduled now for May 16-18. So on the 18th, I should have my "ticket".

I got my grades too. My streak is intact. I'm happy that once again the ol' geezer showed up all the youngsters. :tounge Ol' pharts rule!! :pb

FWIW: When my class first started in August 09, we had about 45 students. By the end of classes last week, we were down to about 18 that finished, over a 50% drop out rate. :eek: There are 1 or 2 no one has heard if they completed or not. So it may very well less than 18.

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
I'm now finished with my FAA written exams. I'm taking my oral & practical exams next Monday, Tuesday and Wed morning. By this time next week, I should officially be an A & P mechanic.

At work, they put all of us "graduates" on crews along with the crew's schedules instead of the special "school" schedules we were on. The nice thing is they are VERY accommodating in adjusting work hours for purposes of taking all the FAA exams. So they are letting me work an extra hour the first four days so I can go home 4 hours early on Sunday. That'll let me get a decent night sleep before my exams on Monday. It's nice working somewhere where everyone who is a supervisor, crew chief or mechanic went through the same thing before you.

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats, sounds like you've found a great place to work where they truly value the employee.

And congrats on completing school and I'm sure you'll have no problem on the practicals & orals.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14