INFO: BLOCK HEATERs <for those that need it>

atk

Reaction score
yup thats a great timer, rated at 1800w itll handle the load...

if you desire different programing (for the weekends for instance)
you can step up to the digital (7day) unit in my 'block heater'
signature link.

you could even go w/ a REMOTE CONTROL-ABLE set up...

1128_n.jpg

the only problem i see w/ a remote-control set up is, unless
you connect some light bulb its difficult to CONFIRM that the block
heater/outlet is actually ON (or off)

Outdoor Remote Control Module - UPM RC420+TR310

unless you get a cord that lights up at the end, like mine....i can look out the window and look for the glow of extension cord end....:sweet

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
unless you get a cord that lights up at the end, like mine....i can look out the window and look for the glow of extension cord end....:sweet

there ya GO ! great suggestion !

VALKYRIES

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Block heaters

Well GFCI's are ment to trip at 0.005 amps. If you can get at the plug on the block pull it off and look at the ends to see if there is anything obvious. A megger is the best thing but a multi meter check to see if there is continunity between the three wires on the plug with it off.( Or get another plug for it) Measure the resistance on ohms on the multi meter divide the resistance by 120 V that will give you the amps. I have a current meter and made up a pigtail so to measure the current ( amps) Good to see if the battery warmers are working 1.25 amps.

They make those little plugin lights for recepticals have them for the freezer and such they are only a few watts.?? Another thing that is good to have is one of the cct testers. They have gfci trip on them as well they will tell you what is ( if any thing) wrong with the plug bad ground , no neutral etc. With the traveling that I do always test a plug before I use it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg