Injector removal

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
I am planning on doing injectors next week (Thanks Bean!!) and I have never had the VC's off my truck. Those of you that have, what are the pitfalls I need to be careful of in this process? What steps can I take to avoid turning this job into a project. I am also planning on doing the GP's at the same time too (thanks Dale).

MIke

kwazyca

Sesquipedalian
Reaction score
95_stroker said:
I am planning on doing injectors next week (Thanks Bean!!) and I have never had the VC's off my truck. Those of you that have, what are the pitfalls I need to be careful of in this process? What steps can I take to avoid turning this job into a project. I am also planning on doing the GP's at the same time too (thanks Dale).

MIke

I am about 2 weeks out on this same thing. (7.3 PSD)

Tom

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
I will probably not get to putting mine in for about another week yet, if I beat you to it I will definelty give you the low down on the job skill level...LOL

kwazyca

Sesquipedalian
Reaction score
I got the tax man report back today. Not great, but not as bad as I thought it would be. I am ordering injectors Monday.

What made you choose Bean over others?

I do not know Bean, so I will do a little research.

Thanks,

Tom

Renegade

HillBilly
Reaction score
Please dont think this is coming off wrong but I would suggest heading over to the "other" site (sorry) & looking up a member with the username NIT - he has lots of info & great pics in his sig on webshots that will be really helpful on doing a injector pull & install, Swamps site also has a lot of good info to help also.

Its really not a hard job but theres just a few steps that cant be skipped such as clearing the cylinders of any extra oil & fuel, priming the rails, not scoring any injectors innards during the first startup & you should be good to go.

Cheers

If yall run into any snags just give me a yell & in my best hillbilly drawl I can usually get about anyone thru it -popcorn

kwazyca

Sesquipedalian
Reaction score
Renegade said:
Please dont think this is coming off wrong but I would suggest heading over to the "other" site (sorry) & looking up a member with the username NIT - he has lots of info & great pics in his sig on webshots that will be really helpful on doing a injector pull & install, Swamps site also has a lot of good info to help also.

Its really not a hard job but theres just a few steps that cant be skipped such as clearing the cylinders of any extra oil & fuel, priming the rails, not scoring any injectors innards during the first startup & you should be good to go.

Cheers

If yall run into any snags just give me a yell & in my best hillbilly drawl I can usually get about anyone thru it -popcorn

That is really good of you. :sweet :cool: :thanks

Thanks,

Tom

Max Power

Reaction score
Renegade said:

Cheers

Hey no problem. We realise that there is some great information and people over there. You can bet that superdutyforums will be a censored word over there. You will never see TDS censored over here. We are more secure then that and that is what sets us apart from TDS.

As long as people get the answers to their problems we are all further ahead. After all isn't that why we are all here? To help eachother out? That seems to get lost on the big sites.
;)

Renegade

HillBilly
Reaction score
I agree - the info I've learned & friends I've made at all the various rallies,dyno runs,truck meets,pulls & so on just off the diesel enthusiast websites have been priceless. Lots of good folks that like to talk trucks.

Its only a rare occasion you run across a dud.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Brian,

Welcome aboard at SDD. I am pleased to see you here, you bring a wealth of knowledge with you. And absolutely no offense taken on th TDS comment. There is a vast knowledge pool over there and if handled properly I think they would migrate here. I will drop NIT a PM over there and pick his brain, I know he about wore out the nuts and bolts on his previous truck just playing with it....

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
kwazyca said:
I got the tax man report back today. Not great, but not as bad as I thought it would be. I am ordering injectors Monday.

What made you choose Bean over others?

I do not know Bean, so I will do a little research.

Thanks,

Tom

Tom,

First off, glad to hear Uncle Sam isnt abusing you too terribly bad.:thumbs I went with Beans injectors for no other reason that to give the new kid on the block a shot. Ive known Bean from TDS for several years now and he has always been a top notch guy. Very innovative and willing to use his truck as a test dummy. Now there was/is nothing against any of the other injector builders at all. I just wanted to give the underdog a shot.

Mike

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58