Question Injectors

JRJ04

Reaction score
get on the freeway and take it out of OD and go about 70mph. thatll put you right around 3k rpm...run it there for a while and that should clear you out pretty good.

A question for you guys...when you change the glowplugs, do you have to clear the cylinders out too or is there no oil that get in that area?

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Glow plugs will not cause oil or ANY other fluid to enter the cylinders, so nothing is needed for the glow plug change.

Dave

iracemine

black and tan
Reaction score
Well just got my injectors changed out. Chn=anged glow plugs and valve cover gaskets as well. Took a bit to getter going but it finally fired up. Wow teh power I noticed was unreal. Probably put 20 miles on around my home, easy and gettin on it. Parked it for the night plugged in of course. Below zero here in hte northwoods of WI. Next day fires up ok, take for a ride and notice that at RPMs of 1700 or less it runs ruff as hell. Next day took on road trip to Green Bay figures it would clear out but nothing doing. At 50 mph, 1500 rpms, the steering wheel is like to shake out my hands. Anybody had anything like this happen? Thanks for reading.:dunno:confused:

rotate your tires. start there for the steering wheel shimmy, it prob packed snow.

iracemine

black and tan
Reaction score
Some people don't have a clue do they!!!!:dizzy

oh, sorry its hard to read your writing. you said your steering wheel was shaking bad at 50 mph. had no idea that you meant it was from your motor. next time use proper english and ill be able to help you out better. ;tu

JRJ04

Reaction score
oh, sorry its hard to read your writing. you said your steering wheel was shaking bad at 50 mph. had no idea that you meant it was from your motor. next time use proper english and ill be able to help you out better. ;tu

:innocent

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
There are a lot of people here that don't/won't use proper English. I just ignore those posts. No help here.

Dave

Jaxn76

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I did in fact say the steering wheel was shaking that badly. But I also said I had just changed the injectors. I certainly didn't do that outside in the snow.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58