Question Injectors

JRJ04

Reaction score
I did in fact say the steering wheel was shaking that badly. But I also said I had just changed the injectors. I certainly didn't do that outside in the snow.

so were you able to get it running better or are you still having the same issues?

Jaxn76

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
No it still runs like crap. Above 1700 rpms it smooths out. Below that it runs very ruff. Immediately after replacing injectors it ran out good and strong. The ruff runnig was noticed after about 30 miles on the motor. Thanks:dunno

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No it still runs like crap. Above 1700 rpms it smooths out. Below that it runs very ruff. Immediately after replacing injectors it ran out good and strong. The ruff runnig was noticed after about 30 miles on the motor. Thanks:dunno

If you havent already.. I'd go back and recheck everything you took off, or loose to do the Injector work. Sounds to me like you have a UVC connector, air in the fuel, I/C boot leak or some connection.. somewhere.. has come loose.

It ran good for 30 miles.. and then... Hmmm :dunno

Joe

JRJ04

Reaction score
x2 on the UVC connector. Check on top of the VC first, and then if that looks good, pull the covers back off and have a good look at it. It seems like one of them maybe worked their way loose.

iracemine

black and tan
Reaction score
X3. if everything was good before the work and 30 min after the work id put money that its one of the connections.

rotorholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had my truck checked by a off duty ford dealer tech and he told me that the number #5 injector had a problem and the Injection Pressure Regulator was reading low, Im doing the o-rings and the bad injector myself, Where is the #5 injector located if Im looking at the engine from the front? I dont think he did the buzz test I read about here, He hooked up a laptop and was able to run the testing while the truck was running? I want to make sure what he is telling me is true?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58