Installed V Code & B Code Springs, HOORAY!

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Chewman said:
Just for grins;

What'd this mod cost you? Wondering how much to save up.
I just priced the rear springs at Powerstrokeshop for $127 each less shipping,the front springs will be in the same price range but it may be dictated by the spring code.

Bill

ForumBlue

CDXX
Reaction score
Actually Snowman, Now that I look at your pics, do you know what the highest point is on your truck? That is also the tire size I plan to go to eventually.

Snowman269

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Chewman said:
Just for grins;

What'd this mod cost you? Wondering how much to save up.

I think the springs retail for around $200 a piece. The dealer sold all 4 for $600.

The Shocks were $89 a piece for the fronts & $98 a piece for the rears.

The Ride Rite's Air Bags were $225 for the set.

Snowman269

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ForumBlue said:
Actually Snowman, Now that I look at your pics, do you know what the highest point is on your truck? That is also the tire size I plan to go to eventually.

ForumBlue, I'll figure out tomorrow and post results.

Hey Bill, How'd that front measurement come out on yours. Did you find much sag?

Dennis

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Snowman269 said:
ForumBlue, I'll figure out tomorrow and post results.

Hey Bill, How'd that front measurement come out on yours. Did you find much sag?

Dennis
I just stepped out and got 23.75" from center hub to the center of the fender lip.There's about a 1.5"to 2" rake front to rear I'm thinking of a mini spring pack or add a leaf which I'm open to opinions on :)

Snowman269

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's the price differences between add a leaf, mini spring Pack & X Codes? 2nd question I'd have are spring rates on the mini spring pack and Add a Leafs.

Personally, I'm going for quality of ride & towability. Ride height is last on my list of importance, but obviously they all go hand in hand.

A buddy of mine added a leaf on his F350 to raise the front an inch & it increased stiffness more than I'd like. These new trucks can haul great loads without riding like lumberwagons IMO.

MotionMan did the mini spring pack on his X. I should hook up with him while I'm in Mich to test the difference in ride & height.

Dennis

bigdaddyTank

Who's your Bigdaddy?
Reaction score
That looks good Dennis. What size tires are you running? So with these the front end goes up 2" and the back 1.5"?

bonfire

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Did you have to get an extended length rancho shock due to the increased height with the new springs. Or just stick with the stock length rancho?

Bill

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Snowman269 said:
What's the price differences between add a leaf, mini spring Pack & X Codes? 2nd question I'd have are spring rates on the mini spring pack and Add a Leafs.
Dennis
The ProComp add-a-leafs could be had for about $50-75 the Mini spring pack kits are about $225

Gained height with the Spring packs is 1"-2" depending on how many plates is used from the kit,the add-a-leafs I believe have a gain of 1.5" but not positive.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58