Installing '05 headlights on an '04

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
i have searched on here first, but the only thing i came up with, was the complete frontend conversion.

i am only lookin to do the headlights swap, well, thinkin about it anyways.

if any one knows of the link and the parts involved, i would preshate it. :thanks

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
bama
powerstroke shop might still have the kits available

jv hit it, a harness adapter and new lenses,

atk

Reaction score
yeah i am thinking of doing the same, along with grill and bumper. the newer bumpers do have larger openings. for the headlights should be a direct bolt-in and will need the adapter for the bulbs....:thumbs

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
yeah i am thinking of doing the same, along with grill and bumper. the newer bumpers do have larger openings. for the headlights should be a direct bolt-in and will need the adapter for the bulbs....:thumbs

alex, im just lookin to do the headlights, i still like my 04 grill and bumper, but i like the one piece headlamp assembly much better.

robert, the powerstroke shop has the complete conversion that includes the headlights, bumper,and grill. i didnt see anything for a headlight conversion.

if i found the right headlights on there, they were around 165.00 each. :eek:

checked ebay out too, but nothing OEM, only those river aftermarket headlamps.

THEDIESELMAN

John Deere Tech
Reaction score
Bama I have been thinking about changing the headlights to the 05 headlights also, and I know you have to cut the header panel to get the 05 lights to fit and look right.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Bama I have been thinking about changing the headlights to the 05 headlights also, and I know you have to cut the header panel to get the 05 lights to fit and look right.

i thought that was right, i remember seeing some instructions on just how much you have to cut. it had a template you could trace off the area to cut out.

THEDIESELMAN

John Deere Tech
Reaction score
I used to have the instructions bookmarked but I must of deleted it. I tried to find the instructions on the internet earlier, but i couldn't find it I will keep looking.

powerstrokeguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i talked to the parts guy at my dealership and he said theres just a bit of cutting, and they have what you need. just find the head lights from a junk yard!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg