Installing '05 headlights on an '04

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
finally got some '05 headlights, thanks to jason a member here at SDD.

my question is this, the part that needs trimming to make these fit, are you trimming only the part to allow the back side of the headlights to clear past the headerpanel?

and if so, then all the fastening points remain intact to hold the newer headlights, right?

PSD POWER007

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In looking at the pictures in link that you provided, it looks like all of the cutting that you need to do is only for clearance on the back side of the light. Nothing visible once the light gets installed. He says to reuse the lower mounting points and I'm unsure about the tops. It looks like a pretty easy conversion. Just remember, cut small until it fits.:cool:

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
A fellow Bama fan I see. ROLLTIDE!!!:thumbs

you know it Jason!!!

Alabama10.gif

architect-builder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
but will an '05 header panel work along with my '04 bumper and grill?

Bama,

Just like trying to put the new grill with the old header panel, you would have to figure out how to attach the lower portion of the 04- grill to the new header panel. If you were going to go through that process, your better off changing the whole thing. If all you want are the lights, just get out the dremel, take a deep breath, and cut away. (that's what I told myself when I installed my cab lights).

Barrett

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Bama,

Just like trying to put the new grill with the old header panel, you would have to figure out how to attach the lower portion of the 04- grill to the new header panel. If you were going to go through that process, your better off changing the whole thing. If all you want are the lights, just get out the dremel, take a deep breath, and cut away. (that's what I told myself when I installed my cab lights).

Barrett

thats what i thought barrett, thanks. i am planning on doing the complete conversion one day, just dont know when that one day will be. could be awhile.

i'll be satisfied with just trimming the old header panel for now. :thumbs

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg