Help Needed Intermittent CEL

JRJ04

Reaction score
Hey guys,

For about the past week, I've happened to look down when I'm drivng (all different speeds, rpms, accel/decel, chip on/off) I'll notice my check engine light come on and then flash off...sometimes it stays on for a second, other times close to a minute.

I dont have anyway of pulling codes, but here are a few ideas that I had and wanted your feedback...

1.) I did the AIH delete quite some time ago. I've heard that removing the
lead wire can cause a code to be set...could this be it?

2.) I noticed the connector harness on my IPR is kind of oily. Could this be a
malunction?

Truck runs fine...no issues.

What do you think?:dunno

dboyw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had the same issue for years. Truck runs fine and it still happens at any speed, rpm, cruising or hammer down.

f_250pstroke02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could be "overboosting" the turbo. The chip I had on my 7.3 would make the CEL come on after being heavy on the throttle with the chip all the way up. It would usually stay on 20 seconds to a minute or so and then go off. I can't remember exactly what it's called but a few of the sponsors have a plug in peice to solve the problem if thats what it is. I'm sure somebody will chime in and correct me.

JRJ04

Reaction score
id be shocked if that were the case cause it happens at idle...and on top of that, my chip has been programmed to block those codes.

im thinking its some sort of sensor.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
id be shocked if that were the case cause it happens at idle...and on top of that, my chip has been programmed to block those codes.

im thinking its some sort of sensor.

I'm think'n yer right JR.. some sort of sensor.. not sensed by the PCM.

Now & Then, just because.. I'll scan my 2K for any codes. Now and Then, Ive gotten a code that sez something about... AIH not within Blah, Blah, Blah...

I look at it like: Well, it's not within Blah, Blah, Blah... Cuz it ain't there anymore:sly:D:lmao, and erase it.

Seems to me, quite some time back, someone posted about the AIH delete. Depending on the PCM (flash).. when the PCM does a periodic "Systems Check" we may get a momentary..CEL, and not to worry.

Very Rarely, I'll get a 2 to 5 second, CEL, for no particular reason.

;) I look at That.. like: Well it's telling me that the CEL bulb in the dash still works..... and Keep On Truck'n.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
AIH delete will set a code, but illuminate the CEL

you need to scan it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58