Is there a "better" starter/7.3

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
True Dogman....but when you said it I didn't think about it elrminating the terminals. But wont that still leave my + terminal in the equation? I'm going to have the batteries checked out today. Because to get to the connections on the starter I'll have to take it off. My last experience with changing a starter....its a 2 man job???

Yes, it will but it helps eliminat which side of the cable is bad. Meaning if it starts up faster with the negitive only being grounded to the starter then the negitive cable is bad, same with the pos.

Last edited:

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, it will but it helps eliminat which side of the cable is bad. Meaning if it starts up faster with the negitive only being grounded to the starter then the negitive cable is bad, same with the pos.

yea....50-50 shot....worth a shot. So if I cross that bridge, what size wire should I go with?

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took the batteries off to get them tested at bumper-to-bumpe....just figure out I'm behind in the game. They got a little hand held thing (about twice the size of a volt meter) that can load test the batteries. Both tested out good.

Let me back track to last night.... Took the fuses out of the hot wires coming off the + terminal to eleminate some factors. Started up weak this morning. When leaving work...started better. Then took a 10 min drive to bumper-to-bumper. Got the batt's tested yadayda. Got the batt's put back on and it started up great.

So I'm thinking one of the accessory wires has some insulation rubbed off somewhere. So now I'm gonna trace over all the wiring to try to track it down:doh:

Thanks fellas for the help!!!!!!

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58