IS THIS RIGHT?

FXSUPERJ57

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I took my truck in to have the dealer check the oil today due to the oil reads overfull and has a strong smell of diesel. They told me that Ford now says not to put the dip stick all the way in. I said well when I have the oil changed and I check it it reads between max and min inserting the dip stick all the way in seated. They now tell me no you just push it in till it hits the yellow plastic part then pull it back out. If I did that after a oil change it would not even touch the dip stick. What do you guys think of this? Seems like BS to me? What good would the dip stick be?:dizzy

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took my truck in to have the dealer check the oil today due to the oil reads overfull and has a strong smell of diesel. They told me that Ford now says not to put the dip stick all the way in. I said well when I have the oil changed and I check it it reads between max and min inserting the dip stick all the way in seated. They now tell me no you just push it in till it hits the yellow plastic part then pull it back out. If I did that after a oil change it would not even touch the dip stick. What do you guys think of this? Seems like BS to me? What good would the dip stick be?:dizzy

:bs

Sounds like BS to me :eek: I'd get that in writing, the TSB #, The Service Writers NAME.. and the names off anyone in the area..when that BS Oil Checking procedure was explained to you.

Common Sence sez: IF that were true ? they'd have given you a NEW, SHORTER Dip Stick.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that dealer is an IDIOT...and hes likely trying to avoid an IN WARRANTY
repair <gets paid less hours, at a lower RATE by ford>

I bet if you were outta warranty he'd take you in right way <cause
hed charge you the FULL rate and FULL hours > !

based on the "odor" and over fill level you likely have leaking injectors....
hows your MPG ? worse i bet !

either that or where ever you got the oil changed they refilled w/ 15 quarts
(a common mistake) instead of the 14 quarts.

i'd pull an oil sample and send it to blackstone-labs.com and have them test
it...its highly likely youre gonna have to PROVE that youve got a leaking
injectors.

Last edited:

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that dealer is an IDIOT...and hes likely trying to avoid an IN WARRANTY
repair <gets paid less hours, at a lower RATE by ford>

I bet if you were outta warranty he'd take you in right way <cause
hed charge you the FULL rate and FULL hours > !

;tuSPOT ON BP !!;tu

Individual [FORD] Franchise Business Ethics & Practises.. or, the total lack of it... in this case. I'd bet money on it.

SuperJ57 ? I'd report this BS to some one Higher Up in "Ford Motor Company" food chain....

Oil level to high ?

Just don't stick the Dip Stick In So Far :eek::eek:

Geeeeesus :rant:rant:rant

Last edited:

SuperHorseHauler

08 F-450 Lariat 4X4
Reaction score
None taken. ;)

I know there are a LOT of dealerships out there that will drain as much money out of you as they can. I'm lucky that our dealership is family owned and that way of doing business is highly frowned upon. Could be a reason why we are 13time winner of Presidents Award for customer service. :horn :)

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
None taken. ;)

I know there are a LOT of dealerships out there that will drain as much money out of you as they can. I'm lucky that our dealership is family owned and that way of doing business is highly frowned upon. Could be a reason why we are 13time winner of Presidents Award for customer service. :horn :)

WELL Good on Ya, Congrats'n Kudo's.

Luckily, my Dealer is a One Store, Family owned, small town Dealership too. Great folks. Bought 3 trucks'n 2 cars from'm and Highly recommend'm to anyone I know who's in the buying mode.

We tend to hear only about the "Stealerships".. There's alota Good ones out there TOO.

:sweet

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
None taken. ;)

no doubt...someone who understands what reputation is all about....
reputation before cash will pay you back IN REAL cash 10x and then some !

you dont get 13 awards ignoring or screwing your customers !

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58