IS THIS RIGHT?

FordGuy100

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I always thought the 6.4's had a variation of the CP3's that the cummins and duramax use. I could have sworn I saw a pic of it sitting on the back of the engine with a gear drive off of something.

I think that the 6.4 has a higher common rail pressure with the 6.4 than either the duramax or cummins now, something like 1000psi over the duramax.

Also, heres some just plain random info for you. I just got done reading that the spartan test truck, with some crazy tune, 30%+ injectors (thats what he said), has seen 1960+- EGT's on a couple of runs to 120+mph. 1960* EGT's is fricking crazy. Sorry for getting off track just found that that was pretty awsome and figured I would throw it in here.

Last edited:

Fulltilt3

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
BP-

Yes they put fresh oil in. they offered up 7yr 200k engine warranty. I don't keep my trucks that long so they were kind enough to give me a 5yr 75k maintenence contract.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BP-

Yes they put fresh oil in. they offered up 7yr 200k engine warranty. I don't keep my trucks that long so they were kind enough to give me a 5yr 75k maintenence contract.

nice dealer ! makes it a whole lot less to worry 'bout the fuel having gotten 'round those crank bearings !

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This issue could relate to problems with the hpFuelPump and many other things being it is a circuit problem. However, it could not have anything to do with a hpfp leak or fuel in oil condition b/c it is only a circuit problem!

trust me i know the difference between a LEAK and a SHORT, some around
here might not...but im not one of those !

Im wondering if the dealer was was accurate in their
problem / trouble shooting...and a GOOD dealer would have performed
this fix while he was in there (and not double billed it or charged the customer)

Fulltilt3

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Ok guys, what should I do? They supposedly fixed it, but I checked the oil last night to make sure the problem was gone. It was above the top of the dipstick again. I have an appointment to take it back to the shop on Wednesday.

Should I let them have another crack at it?

Could they have just replaced something not really knowing what the problem was?

Please offer thoughts, opinions, or any assistance you can.

dpantazis

Reaction score
Should I let them have another crack at it?
Could they have just replaced something not really knowing what the problem was?

sounds like you have already made some conclusions.

could they have just thrown parts at it without REALLY diagnosing the problem, yeah, that is the way inexperienced techs do it.

Fulltilt3

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I can't imagine Ford would allow them to do that. They were on the the phone with the Hotline. One would hope that between the two of them they would be able to figure out what was causing it.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the fact that they HAD to be on the phone shows they arent familar w/ the problem

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64