IS THIS RIGHT?

dpantazis

Reaction score
FullTilt3-

3 pages of guys telling you to take it somewhere else and now you are looking for validation? What are they family of some kind? better yet, get it bought back and go find your last 7.3.

ok, enough tough love. they may mean well, and are good people, but it sounds like you need this truck to work for you. time is money, both are yours.

dp

Fulltilt3

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Understood, thanks.

The only reason I continue to go to this dealer is that it is less than 1 mile from where I work.

I'll start calling around interviewing service departments. It is really sad that one would have to do this.

powerstrokeguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes it is! Feel lucky you dont have to deal with GM service departments... 10 times worse that ford service departments, and dont get me started on dodge SD!!!!!

Fulltilt3

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I took it to another dealer and went in only to find out that the oil level was within operating range. It was near the top, but in the range. They agreed to perform some tests to make sure the other dealer did the job correctly. Everything checked out as far as we can tell. We'll see this weekend as we are heading to Colorado for a week. I don't really understand how I could misread the dipstick 5 times. This is not my first vehicle. Anyway, Ford stepped up and was very helpful throughout this process.

Fulltilt3

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Final update. Another dealer checked it out before my trip to Colorado. They gave it a clean bill of health. I got to northern New Mexico and it started giving me a bunch of turbo whistle from under the hood. Power was still there, but something was wrong. I spoke with the service director at the new dealer and he arranged for a meeting with a dealer in Colorado. We got the camper set and were heading to town the day after arrival and it quit. I had roadside tow it to the nearest dealer where it sits now. Ford has stepped up and paid to get me and my family home. They will also reimburse me for the cost of getting my camper home. They agreed to buy back the vehicle which is where we are now (trying to locate a suitable replacement).

We think the original dealer reassembled it incorrectly causing an exhaust leak at the back of the engine compartment. This leak may have melted a wiring harness which finally disabled the vehicle.

Thanks for the help through this process. I'll post my new rig once we find it. I hear the 09's won't start production for a while. I guess I'll have to find something on the ground.

Last edited:

EmptyDub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that Fulltilt. At least it ended with you getting a new truck (let's just hope that you have better luck with THIS one!). It's a shame that you and your family had to go through this and ruin a vacation too.

It angers me when a business screws the average person that puts their whole trust in something like a dealership that's SUPPOSED to know how to fix their own product (and common sense tells you that they WOULD/SHOULD!), and the dealership completely drops the ball, screws up the vehicle, then gives the customer grief, and acts smug?!? :rant It's not the customer's fault for not being knowledgable about something they haven't been trained to do. I think dealerships have begun to act similar to many doctors- they know that you're not a mechanic and will swallow whatever pill they give you because you have no choice but to trust them. :dunno They just take advantage.

DISCLAIMER: Not ALL dealerships are evil, and some customers are just asking for it. :sly

dpantazis

Reaction score
d00d- look around for a 6.0 chassis. there are some in northern and central WI (i can do a drive by on two lots this weekend). throw a bed on it and you have a new old reliable trusted truck.
dp

ckamp52

ckamp52
Reaction score
i definitely would be lookin for a used truck a 6.0 or 7.3 i have both and loved both of them both of them are better than the other in different ways in my opinion i hve my 00 7.3 repalced the cps and almost at 200k and cleaned egr on my 05 6.0 and almost at 90k have pulled more than 10k with each of them and they are only 250's crap i know probably shouldnt have but ive had like 16k on my 05 and pulled it no problem ( a smaller skytrack and a metal bulding on a 20 +5 gooseneck) pulled many that skytrack a lil over 14k numerous times and our scissor lift a lot to then my boss decided to get a 450 kodiak with the dmax ( i warned him not to get it it was a 00 01 i think and as may fuel system probems they were havin) and it suked left me stranded with 25k worth of rocks about 2 hrs from home and was in the shop like 4 times before i moved jobs just my opinion

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64