Is this the way to park a compact car?

ktpauley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I pulled into the bank on my home from work the other day. There were 3 cars parked side by side. 2 in the handicapped spaces and 1 in the no parking space in between. None of them had handicap plates or hang tags. I call the local PD. Told them where I was, and gave the plate numbers of the 3 morons. I told the dispatcher to have the officer look for the white Jeep Cherokee with the state plates, that would be me. The office shows up before these morons come out of the bank, blocks their cars in, and proceeds to write all 3 of them tickets. I sat in the Jeep laughing my AZZ off. It really pisses me off that people do this because the Boss Unit is wheelchair bound. Keith

ktpauley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It just really torques me off to see people parking in the handicapped spaces. I carry the placard in the truck, and the Volvo (850 turbo wagon, it's a sleeper) has permanant handicapped plates. Unless the Boss Unit is with I park in a regular space. I stopped some jerk at the store for parking in a handicapped space. Saw him get out of his car, no handicapped plate or placard. I asked him how would he like it if he was handicapped and had to park far away because someone that wasn't handicapped parked in a space that wasn't. He told me to shut the H*** up and go **** myself. Well I pull out the old cell phone and call the PD with his plate number. Guy wasn't TOO happy when he came out of the store and had a ticket on his car. I guess it helps I went to High School with one of the Detectives. :thumbs Keith

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity what does one need to do to get a handicapped parking permit? Once in a while I see a handicapped person parking in a handicapped spot that needs the spot and I have on occasion even assisted them but more often than not the guy parking in the spot could use some exercise walking from a spot a little farther from the door. It may not be like this down there but up here the handicapped parking permit could be better described as a lazy permit. Don't you have to have proof that you need the permit before they hand them out?

On another parking note there is something I noticed the other day while picking up a new water softener at Lowe's. At our Lowe's store there is a entrance and a exit. I pulled in the lot and parked as close as I could to the exit so when I came out with a 200 lb water softener and 400 lbs of salt I would not have to drag it any farther across the snow covered lot than I needed to(we need bigger tires on the carts up here). I was able to park in the first spot next to the 14 handicapped spots by the exit as all the other 25 cars in the lot were huddled up next to the entrance. Not only are people lazy they don't think ahead ;) Other than when I need to haul some heavy stuff out to the truck I park way out in the nose-bleed section to avoid door dings but it never fails that when you park out in a unoccupied section you start a trend and are surrounded when you return...

ktpauley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here in PA. you fill out a form from DMV and have a doctor sign it. It was pretty easy to get the doctor to sign for the Boss unit. She is in a wheelchair. Keith

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have to have a doctors request in writing for a permit. You go to the DMV with that request and six dollars later you get the permit. I have a temperary permit which is red not blue because of my hip replacement. My permit is good for two more months but at this point in my recovery, I do not use the permit, because I can walk without pain in that hip. The right thing to do is to use the permit only when it is needed.

Fire1

Certified Diesel Driver
Reaction score
As long as we are on the parking topic, let me add in, stay out of the FIRE LANE unless your vehicle is very LARGE and RED or otherwise considered an Emergency Vehicle per the Law. This includes those that wish to "stand" in the Fire Lane while waiting for someone.

Ok, rant off!

ktpauley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ou can do like I saw in NY, NY. They either break the windows to run the hoses through the car or push the car out of the way with the fire truck. Keith

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14