Help Needed jammed firearm

kingkevindavid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
KKD - you have to pull the slide all the way back, lock it, rotate the slide catch pin 90, release the slide, pull the trigger and like scratch your left nut while you whistle row row row your boat. darned plastic guns.

:lmao:lmao:lmao Gotcha, I have carried the same Glock 23 since I started concealed carry in 1996, with the occasional Kel-Tec P3AT on really hot days. The glock has pretty similar disassembly procedure sounds like except that the slide only had to go back about a half inch.

I would take it to the gunsmith before it gets to expensive. you also might want to make sure you didn't have anything funny happen in in the barrel.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
looks to me like the extractor jumped the rim of the case, and is forcing the slide and the barrel against each other even though the slide is not in battery..

hmm.

yeah, better take it to a smith.. more than likely you're going to end up having to put a new extractor on it (after the old one is chipped up getting it back over the rim of the case)

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
jammed slide problem is a COMMON problem with XD's.

its got its own acronym too, JSP.

dp if they ever a approve me at the at xp site i will check it out

jl, i popped the extractor off the shell to check and make sure it wasn't bulged in the barrel
if i run the slide to battery it goes right back on and holds pretty tenaciously
i emailed the custom shop, now i am waiting a rpo # and off she goes
thanks fellas

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
I got her apart a few hrs ago. I sat down and stared at it, all the while thinking there has to be a "back door' of sorts to get the slide off without destroying the firearm. (thinking like an engineer, DP )
so i got some black elect tape and covered the slide and main frame at the slide dis assembly release lever and ever so gently wedged a tiny flat tip screwdriver under the forward edge enough for the lever to rotate into the slide release position, pulled the trigger and the grip safety and gently slid the slide off, no pieces fell out, which made me fell better.
but baby the barrel did its job of protecting me. its bulged real nice about 3/4" from the end.
I will say i have replayed the events leading up to this mishap over and over in my mind
I was not shooting at a target, just merely shooting about 25 yards into a dirt burm. the shot before the failure was SOFT compared to the others, I should STOPPED then and checked it out. But NO i didn't pay attention the alarm bells in my head, and squeezed off another round. one of two things happened, either the bullet from the previous shot was still in the end of the barrel or it came apart and wedged itself in the barrel , then i fired a good round and it finished off the remaining bullet and subsequently over pressurized the barrel
so now i need to order a new barrel and pay attention to warning bells
moral of the story, don't get distracted at the range, i was nervous about the guy two spots over and his HAND howitzer, and my wife was in the truck sort of sick and i got hurried

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I have never seen a modern pistol swell up like that, boatr. I guess that would get your attention.

Dave

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
Dang Robert............that could have been serious !!!:eek:

Tbar

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14