Just found out why my fuel mileage is junk (turbo carnage)

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
So I take of the boot that connects to the turbo so I can start to work on rerouting the CCV.

And to my suprise, the pic below is what I see :eek:

I have no idea when it did this. I do believe it has happend shortly after
the head stud job was done.

It has had a pretty loud swooshing sound, but I allways assumed it was the new fuel system I had installed. Now I no differently.

I feel so stupid for not having checked it out when I first heard it, but no one at the dealer could explain it.

The bearing must have gotten loose or just wore out within a year of this turbo being installed (1-8-07)

keanoknick

Big Stroker
Reaction score
Dang Bama, Sorry to hear about that. I hope you can get it fixed soon, and relatively inexpensively.

On the bright side, that thing should run like a scalded dog when you get a new one, maybe a VGT-SS ???

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
Dang Stephen...........that sucks!!

Was that loose hose you found inline with the air intake? If it was between the air filter and the turbo you might have an issue to discuss with the people that did the engine work.

Tbar

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
:eek: That thing is toast.
The way it is chunked out it almost looks like something might have went through it:dunno
Might not hurt to pull the intercooler and see if any of the pieces got stopped in it before they made it to the engine.

This may be a excuse for a big aftermarket :turbo Always try and look at the bright side :vict

AK HDM

Reaction score
Bama, it looks like something went through it. Check the rest of the tubing from the air filter for any thing broken or missing. Also on your other thread, that is the back pressure sensor & tube.
Mike

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
GUYS; come on now. we all know people are pullin pranks here lately. And bama is just the latest to do so..

THAT IS the wood chipper. small kindling of coarse, nothing over 2" in diameter.....:lmao:sorry

stephen, now seeing the pix and that looks completely not good and I TOO would suggest something went thru it and pieces came out the other end somewheree, (intercooler or tailpipe)...

p.s. was the tech missing any sockets....:lmao:eek:

keep us informed little buddy...

p.s.s. your 'file' is now approaching the size of mine....:dizzy

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Do ya'll think that if the housing is in good shape, that I could just replace the wheel (propeller)?

Is there such a kit out there for the 6.0?

If so, this maybe a money saver for me.

EDIT: It just dawned on me, I wonder what the exhaust side of the turbo looks like :eek:

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jeezus ! sorry for the expense...
and i wont even make a crack about
your after market air filter... :innocent

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member