just lost my 2nd torque converter in 45k

trackspeeder

Stone Crusher
Reaction score
Sounds crunchy. :eek:

You get the honors to pull the tranny again. After this you will be able to pull a tranny with your eyes closed.;tu

Did you check the flex plate for cracks? You will get the same funky sounds with a broken flex plate.

bears4x4

grease monkey
Reaction score
Sounds crunchy. :eek:

You get the honors to pull the tranny again. After this you will be able to pull a tranny with your eyes closed.;tu

Did you check the flex plate for cracks? You will get the same funky sounds with a broken flex plate.

i had the (flex plate-aka-flywheel you mean right) changed out 45k ago, it looked fine but since im becoming an expert at pulling these transmissions out by my self, ill pull it off while im there, ill have it out by this weekend and apart on monday to see the damage inside, ill keep yall posted, though a good thing is i saw that all the plug clips were broken and they just slide on and off so when i go to reinstall im putting that electic gell crap on there and zip ties to keep it all dry and clean, soon ill be an expert of this truck:dizzy

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
I'll crosspost this, but sounds like the a set of planetary's is munched..

jpringle83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah it definitely sounds like gear problems. Does the tranny have 294k? If it does then it's time for a rebuild because the fact that planetaries lasted that long is shocking.

bears4x4

grease monkey
Reaction score
:dunno" supposedly" it was rebuilt at 255, but i wounder what they really did, so this time I'm really paying close attention to the rebuild, me and a trans tec friend are going to do it at home. (family friend, done trans for a long while- i trust him meaning)

ill keep yall posted, it will be next week when we find out whats up internally

Thanks again to everyone for their input on here, aways indebted:hail to yall. a great group of people here:sweet

Last edited:

bears4x4

grease monkey
Reaction score
Quite possible. You will find that evidence in the pan.:eek: It's very ugly when that happens.:(
That's the weird thing, it broke in the drive way, I started it up, and wamy, broken, I idled it back and moved it over to park it and that's where it has sat, no prior signs of problems till that moment.I never drove it with a sound coming from the trans, only found very lil like clutch shavings in the pan on the magnet:dunno

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58