Just saw my first 2008 in person

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Also, the salesman told me (believe it or not) that towards the end of the year (August or September) there is a possibility FoMoCo is going to put the center shift consoles (like the new F-150's) in the superduties.

i dont think i would like that, i guess i would have to wait and see it first tho.

which dealer in atlanta was this at ben? team ford in marietta?

Kleetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Center Shift shouldn't be that tough to implement... it's just the routing of a cable anyway. I could take it or leave it really, it eats up more floor space. Looks cool though...

JDecker88

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I just stopped at our local dealership today and they had a Dark Red and Gold F-250 Lariat, I honestly was a bit disappointed. The engine compartment was so tight and it just looked cheap the quality of workmanship in the engine. The exhaust tips looked horrible on it cheap welds on the dual outlets I was disappointed. The interior was neat but way to much like a regular F-150 not the unique look of a Superduty interior. Maybe I am old fashion but its not what I expected in a way, but to each his own.

There is one thing I really liked though you could really hear the twins whistle dixie.

Just my 02.

f_250pstroke02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i dont think i would like that, i guess i would have to wait and see it first tho.

which dealer in atlanta was this at ben? team ford in marietta?

I told the salesman the same thing Stephen. Not a big fan.

It was a Courtesy Ford in Conyers. They had 4 F-250's (XL's and Lariats) and the 1 F-350. He had 3 F-450's on the way but they were already spoken for.

Team Ford doesn't even carry any superduties. At least I have never seen any there when I go by. Marietta/Cobb County isn't a big Superduty market.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
I told the salesman the same thing Stephen. Not a big fan.

It was a Courtesy Ford in Conyers. They had 4 F-250's (XL's and Lariats) and the 1 F-350. He had 3 F-450's on the way but they were already spoken for.

Team Ford doesn't even carry any superduties. At least I have never seen any there when I go by. Marietta/Cobb County isn't a big Superduty market.

all of the times that i have been to marietta team ford, they had tons of PSD's ben. there were all on the left hand side of the main showroom area.

are we talkin bout the same place? i have even delivered some that were part of ford's buyback program.

i also have been to courtesy ford to p/u ford buybacks.

f_250pstroke02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
all of the times that i have been to marietta team ford, they had tons of PSD's ben. there were all on the left hand side of the main showroom area.

are we talkin bout the same place? i have even delivered some that were part of ford's buyback program.

i also have been to courtesy ford to p/u ford buybacks.

I'm sure we are talking about the same place. I probably just overlooked (never seem to be out front) them because I only go by the service department to check prices and pick up parts.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
I'm sure we are talking about the same place. I probably just overlooked (never seem to be out front) them because I only go by the service department to check prices and pick up parts.

they keep the superduties on the other side of the bldg ben. it i hard to see them from hwy 41.

there is usually alot in the back lot too.

Doug Yates is the service advisor that i see,when i deliver ford buybacks over there. a very nice man. :thumbs

atk

Reaction score
well this my second one i saw....it is a F250 kingranch 4x4 diesel....nice truck, but the price tag is unbelievable....:eek: :eek: :eek: ....70000.00 cdn...i guess i will keeping mine for a long time....:thumbs

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
my local ford dealer finally got some 2008's in. the bad thing is, one is a F250 XL white CC FX4, plain jane everythain. just over 41k, it has the 6.4

the other one is a XL450 cab/chassis CCab. it stickers for just over 47k

the only weird thing about it, it was ordered with the premium package, which included CD player and other power items. so it has the final seats, rubber floor mat, etc.

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Bama, if I'm not mistaken, the XL is the one with the black grille. I saw a few at Bob Tomes Ford in McKinney, TX last week. I made a quick stop Sunday before last on the way to WalMart. They had some from XL's all the way to KR's. Also had two F-450's by the fleet sales office, one was a pickup and the other was a crew cab chassis cab that were already sold with the company's decals on the doors. The XL's really look goofy with the sealed beam headlights and the amber parking light on top. I'm probably going back Saturday to get my oil changed, so I'll have some time to really "examine" them. I usually walk around the lot while having a vehicle serviced. In the past, the XL's with the "Decor Package" look like an XLT on the front but still have the black grille. If anyone in the DFW area needs a good Super Duty work truck, Bob Tomes Ford usually keeps plenty of XL's, usually white ones. Some are diesels, and some are gassers.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58