Keep Your Fingers Crossed For Me!!

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
5 1/2 weeks ago I had an interview for a job I've wanted for over 8 months now. That job being the parts guy for a new RV dealership being built about 30 minutes from here. My first job after retiring from the Air Force was in a Car Quest store. I really liked working in the store, but the paychecks weren't paying the bills. Out of the blue, a job offer came at me doing industrial hearing testing for almost twice the $$$, so I went for it. Over the next 10 years, I spent 180+ nights a year on the road in hotels and driving for somewhere between 350K and 400K miles. But the job almost caused me to loose my wife and in that time, I lost my Best Buddy of over 12 years. The time came last October to finally get out of the hearing testing business. I've been wanting the RV parts job ever since last fall when I found out the new RV dealership was getting built.

Since I'd been interviewed over 5 weeks ago, I thought it was a dead issue at this point, especially since the new store is supposed to open in less than 2 weeks. But this evening, to my total suprise, they called me for a second interview. They asked me when I would be available. I told them "You pick a time and I'll be there!!" So tomorrow at 1:30, I go in for my 2nd interview. Hopefully, it'll end with a job offer. If it does, I'll get to sleep in my own bed every night and go for a walk with My New Buddy every day. Because the new RV dealer is midway between here and a state park, I may even be able to work during the day and go camping with Our Camper over night, going back to work in the morning. Life will be real tough if all goes well tomorrow. :thumbs So if y'all keep your fingers crossed for me, I'll appreciate it.:thanks

Last edited:

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Best of luck Tail Gunner. By the way, I have enjoyed your pictures of the B-52's and of your Family. Great shooting.

Dave:)

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keeping my fingers crossed for you and saying my prayers, TG. Sounds like it may be meant to happen this time. You know the old saying "If it's meant to be, it will happen". GOOD LUCK!!!! Keep us posted!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
castellscl