lack of fueling

97CREWCABPSD

Smoke What Smoke Officer?
Reaction score
i dont know my fuel pressure,no,no,no and about two weeks ago cuz i thought that it might be the issue

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
97CREWCABPSD said:
i know where to get the injectors but what about the chip

Drop this guy a PM, he can help with a chip------>twildman. Bean also sells chips, check his website out and he can recommend a good combo to get you the performance level you desire.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
97CREWCABPSD said:
i dont know my fuel pressure,no,no,no and about two weeks ago cuz i thought that it might be the issue
Check your fuel pressure at the FPR, that might be some of your issues.

97CREWCABPSD

Reaction score
ok. just out of curiousity have you heard of a fuel pump that makes decent pressure around an idle but starts to lose it as the motor revs up?

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Most certainly, very very common. The pump can supply sufficient pressures at low volumes but pressure falls off as the volume usage increases.

97CREWCABPSD

Reaction score
the truck has 175,002 miles on it as of today, will checking the fpr pressure show this and what is the best way in your opion to test the fuel pressure?

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
There is a schraeder vavle on the side of the FPR, you can use a tire gauge but you are going to get an incorrect reading at best and soaked in diesel fuel at the worst. I would recommend unscrewing the schraeder valve and threading in the correct fittings to plumb in a temporary gauge, liquid filled preferrably due to the high pulsation rate of the fuel pressure. Click on the "Shimmed FPR" link in my sig, scroll down the page and you will see a gauge set up that works with the schraeder vavle.

97CREWCABPSD

Reaction score
ok thanks. do you think that this might be my prob. and will this show if the fuel pump is bad

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
It may well be the problem, low fuel pressure alone doesnt mean that the fuel pump is bad. It might be the FPR that is the problem, also the return screen inside the fuel filter canister can be the culprit.

97CREWCABPSD

Reaction score
ok thanks i will try cleaning the screen and checking the pressure in the morning what can go bad in the fpr

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14