lack of fueling

97CREWCABPSD

Smoke What Smoke Officer?
Reaction score
so if i have that and i made a tiny bolt into a shim and i only have 65-75 maybe the pump aint pumpin good?

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the tiny bolt shim is designed to be adjustable to allow you to get the pressure where you want it. The downside to shimming the fuel pump is that if yours is weak it tends to enduce failure earlier.

The fuel pressure that you're monitoring is that at idle the greater concern is what happens to the fuel pressure when under load. the easiest way to monitor the fuel pressure under load is to attach a guage w/ a long hose to the location of the schrader valve on the FPR run the hose out of the hood and attach it to the winshield wiper for a temporary purposes. This will allow you to see it while you're driving. if you don't want to do that get someone to hold the engine up aroudn 2500 rpm while still sitting still you shouldn't see a big drop in fuel pressure then the pulsations should actually smooth out when you do this.

97CREWCABPSD

Reaction score
i had some one hold it revved up and the pressure was actually fluctuating more it was bouncing from 65 to 85.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Well, with all the info that keeps adding in here the more I want to say you have injector issues. I see in your sig you have a new turbo, do you have aboost gauge? If so are you getting good boost? I know its hard to get boost without proper fueling.... can you hear the turbo spool? I dunno, I keep falling back to you having injector problems. Consider calling Ryan Bean and talking with him in person, explain your problems and see if he can help diagnose your problems.

97CREWCABPSD

Reaction score
i talked to ryan bean today he also thinks i have injector issues. who out there bdps stage 1's or stage 2's and which do you like better

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
I'm running Stage 1's and love them, I cant say that I wish I had Stage II's because I've never been in a truck with Stage II's. But if I were going to do it all over again I would prolly spend the extra coin and get the Stage II's just because......... well, just because!

Be sure you tell Bean that SDD sent you. :sweet

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg