Lack of power

keanoknick

Big Stroker
Reaction score
They said with a tuner you would get an extra 50 HP or so, on top of what the tuner gave you with stock injectors, I'm not sure on the mileage though.

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
Throw some stage 1 injectors in it and you should make an extra 80-90 RWHP WITHOUT a programmer/tuner

A good friend of mine did just that to his 05, he had it all dynoed before and after, the only thing not stock on his truck is the stage 1 injectors and he made 93 more hp with them, than with the stock ones. I repeat EVERYTHING else on his truck is stock. And he gained 2-3 MPG

This was done as an article that should be coming out soon in one of the popular diesel magazines, the article is geared toward improving fuel economy.

I'll be looking for that article. 93 more at the tires is amazing. Stock its making 325 under optimum conditions at the flywheel. Who makes these, how much, where can I get them? :evil

keanoknick

Big Stroker
Reaction score
They used Elite Diesel's stage 1 Tow Power injectors, there $2150

From their website;

These injectors are an excellent upgrade for the truck owner looking for a little more power than can be reached by just a tuner alone. Improved throttle response and an increase of up to 50rwhp/100 ft-lbs of torque can be had when used with a tuner. If added to a stock truck the power increase will be 90+ rwhp. These injectors are a good upgrade that will work with the stock VGT turbo or an upgraded turbo. A better flowing turbo or Nitrous will be required to get all of the available power from the injectors. Our fuel system is strongly recommended but not required at this level of injector.

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
So without a tuner you get 90 more RWHP, but with a tuner you get 50? So if I pull my 6 gun I'd get more power out of an injector? I'm a little lost. Anyone have any insite on how this works?

joeglo

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Knick thanks for the input sounds like a solid solution - FYI after the dealership changed out the stock #6 injector, their telling me its still down on power and that they are looking at possibly replacing the turbo now. This thing is getting out of control! I'm in Dallas you know a good "wrench" that could change out the injectors for me when I get my truck back from the dealer.

keanoknick

Big Stroker
Reaction score
So without a tuner you get 90 more RWHP, but with a tuner you get 50? So if I pull my 6 gun I'd get more power out of an injector? I'm a little lost. Anyone have any insite on how this works?

let's say you're making 250 RWHP stock, then you add your 6gun and you make 375 RWHP, you're pushing the stock injectors close to there limits, and gaining 125 RHWP,

When you add the stage 1 injectors to the eninge they add more fuel without a tuner, and they have better fuel atomization due to higher injection pressure, which both give you more HP. With a tuner it raises the injection pressure to give better atomization of the fuel also. The stage 1 injector already has the better atomization, so it's not going to get much better with a tuner, but you will still get more fuel, giving you the 50 HP addition to the HP the tuner give you. With the injectors I would recommend custom tunes if you're going to run a tuner, so it doesn't try to increase the pressure anymore and damage the injectors. Atleast that is the way I understand it.

Does that make sense? Maybe someone else can give a better explanation.

Hope this helped a little.

keanoknick

Big Stroker
Reaction score
Knick thanks for the input sounds like a solid solution - FYI after the dealership changed out the stock #6 injector, their telling me its still down on power and that they are looking at possibly replacing the turbo now. This thing is getting out of control! I'm in Dallas you know a good "wrench" that could change out the injectors for me when I get my truck back from the dealer.

Injectors shouldn't be that bad to do, check THIS THREAD out, it's at the NTXPSA.com website, (you should join) we are planning a mod day on March 1st, and we all help each other do mods to our trucks, I'm sure we could sqeeze in some injectors for you, just be ready to get dirty and have some fun. Just make sure you bring everything you need, and post on that site if you're gonna come or not. If you can't make it let me know, I can recommend a shop or two out here near Ft Worth, but I don't know any in Dallas.:sweet

85buggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everyones talking injectors here. But last summer I had a similar situation when I would pull my enclosed car hauler. When I would leave the storage unit I had to go up a steep RR crossing it (my SD) didn't want to go the pedal floored and I always hoped the train wasn't coming. I also had a problem in traffic with no trailer that I needed power and couldn't find any, it was scary with traffic moving in fast and the trucks not responding. Shortly after that they replaced the turbo PROBLEM SOLVED.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg