Lack of power

JRJ04

Reaction score
x2 bush! The predator DEFINATELY increases the amount of fuel, the fuel pressure, and boost pressure as well as many other things. I've got the predator and I know it has more fuel becuase of the smoke! Be very skeptical about what a website says...oxygen optimizaition is more geared towards the gassers...

joeglo

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
OK all you disel geniuses out there. The rookie has made an error! What I have is a Dr.Performance - performance module part#3012. What is this module actually doing? They claim it is not over fueling. Check out their website drperformance.com - Back to injectors - replace all eight or just the one (#6)? jg

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"over fueling" is a subjective term...and compared to some other
brand/tuner it might not be injecting as much fuel at some particular
"time"...but everyone of these "tuners" (flash programer or flip-chip)
works in the same general way....1st they add more fuel (increasing
the pressure as a result) and then they start adding more boost.

joeglo

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks - now that makes since. So if I am upping the pressure is it safe to assume that the injector issue is related and if so would it be better to go on and replace all the injectors now? Thoughts...

keanoknick

Big Stroker
Reaction score
Throw some stage 1 injectors in it and you should make an extra 80-90 RWHP WITHOUT a programmer/tuner

A good friend of mine did just that to his 05, he had it all dynoed before and after, the only thing not stock on his truck is the stage 1 injectors and he made 93 more hp with them, than with the stock ones. I repeat EVERYTHING else on his truck is stock. And he gained 2-3 MPG

This was done as an article that should be coming out soon in one of the popular diesel magazines, the article is geared toward improving fuel economy.

Last edited:

GO BIG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been thinking injectors. But wow 93 HP and 2-3 mpg. Think about what gains you would get with a tune and some upgrades.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg