Lack of threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You know what; you hit it straight on the head there. I just had a thread closed for no real reason. All I did was post a funny picture. It turned into a debate, not an argument. I do not get to mess with my truck much because of where I am. It sucks, so I turn to communicating with like minded people here on these forums. When I do have a truck issue I am all too quick to bring it up. But usually, I just want the connection to a hobby I am not able to enjoy. Apparently, some of the members on this site do not like a difference of opinion even when it is not heated. It is looking to me like there are not that many like minded people here after all.

Right, Wrong and Indifferent of it's subject matter.. That Thread was closed the way a Controversial Thread.. SHOULD be closed.. By a SDD Admin/Moderator that was Not in the discussion.

But when a Thread is closed, and an action is taken against one or more members.. by an SDD "team" member.. who is an active participant IN the discussion (?) it (might) would appear.. to the rest of the members.. even if we were just Following the discussion..... WOW, you'd better not disagree with "whatshis name" cuz he's got the "Juice" to Close a thread, Ban you for awhile or kick you off the site.. forever...... If things aren't going his way.

THAT is what makes us Gun Shy and creates the Lack Of Threads.

Conflict of Interest= Intimidation ?

kenholl

Its my side of the garage
Reaction score
It turned into a debate, not an argument.

Lonesome7.3, I enjoyed the discussion with you in that other thread, and I agree that there was no need to close it, but it had run it's course anyway. I admit that the subject was a sensitive one for me, but I also understood your perspective. For the record, at no point was I angry, or trying to send a vibe that I was.

Thanks for the chat. And sincerely, stay safe. Your sacrifice means much more to me than a stupid b-board discussion!

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
I haven't always gotten along with everyone here either. F350 (see post above) used to be on my ignore list, and for the life of me I can't remember what it was over. Now, I'm not afraid to ask him "When did you get your new truck, ya suckass? :sweet "
the truck? Bought it September 20th. Landing on your ignore list? Well, JL, I believe I was on your ignore list because of a stupid tirade I was on in a thread called "priceless". And I deserved to be. Then there was the Al Sharpton / Jesse Jackson rant. That was a proud moment for me. Then there was the time I decided that it would be o.k. to post a Halloween avatar that was a big fat woman with her butt painted like a pumpkin. Or the time I lost it and argued with bushpilot for 3 pages over wiper blades. And who could forget my diatribe about taxes? Or second guessing the President about the California fires. Hmmm.....maybe this site isn't so bad after all.

kenholl

Its my side of the garage
Reaction score
I was on your ignore list because of a stupid tirade I was on in a thread called "priceless". And I deserved to be. Then there was the Al Sharpton / Jesse Jackson rant. That was a proud moment for me. Then there was the time I decided that it would be o.k. to post a Halloween avatar that was a big fat woman with her butt painted like a pumpkin. Or the time I lost it and argued with bushpilot for 3 pages over wiper blades. And who could forget my diatribe about taxes? Or second guessing the President about the California fires. Hmmm.....maybe this site isn't so bad after all.

:lmao :laffup :roflmao

I had a good belly-laugh reading this great post! I have sure managed to get myself involved in my share of rediculous discussions, but hopefully I haven't run anybody off! In fact, I am more likely to take the opinion at times that I am the one who doesn't fit in, then one of you steps in and posts some wisdom that changes my mind.

I enjoy being a part of the SDD family, and appreciate the knowledge that is so often shared here!

Last edited:

Fine69

Reaction score
Ok, now that we've all "Kissed" and made up.:lmao

Wait.....

Wait......

WHEN ARE WE GONNA GET TRUCK OF THE MONTH BACK???????????

:sorry

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
This thread is starting to sound like couples therapy. :chat:lmao

I am a lurker. I have been since I joined in April 2005 (I think I am #61). I less mods happening to trucks. Maybe due to economic issues, maybe due to other things. But don't worry, I'll keep lurking.

Scott

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:lmao :laffup :roflmao

I had a good belly-laugh reading this great post! I have sure managed to get myself involved in my share of rediculous discussions, but hopefully I haven't run anybody off! In fact, I am more likely to take the opinion at times that I am the one who doesn't fit in, then one of you steps in and posts some wisdom that changes my mind.

I enjoy being a part of the SDD family, and appreciate the knowledge that is so often shared here!

X2 ! :lmao

And my sentiments exactly ;tu

Now lets get on with it. Great Site, lets keep it moving.

I'm an ol' Dude, by some standards.. But at times ? I'm still not sure what I wana be when I grow Up !! Just keep that in mind. :lmao:lmao

Joe

Reaction score
Lonesome7.3, I enjoyed the discussion with you in that other thread, and I agree that there was no need to close it, but it had run it's course anyway. I admit that the subject was a sensitive one for me, but I also understood your perspective. For the record, at no point was I angry, or trying to send a vibe that I was.

Thanks for the chat. And sincerely, stay safe. Your sacrifice means much more to me than a stupid b-board discussion!

I agree, I was not angry either. I do enjoy a good debate that is held in a mature and intelligent manner. I understand that on a public forum like this we are not protected from censorship. However, if members are in disagreement yet maintain their bearing and discuss the subject like adults, what is the problem? I came very close to deleting this site from my favorites and never returning based on the principle of the matter. And to be honest, I am still thinking about doing just that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14