LED lighting causes Alt/ Battery issues

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Joe, what you think about our ole buddy Dave, we buy his books, send him to the best schools with all kind
of tools and what does he do, he forgets to check the cables. Yep, that's the way it is when your old.
Happy New Year.
Doug

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Joe, what you think about our ole buddy Dave, we buy his books, send him to the best schools with all kind
of tools and what does he do, he forgets to check the cables. Yep, that's the way it is when your old.
Happy New Year.
Doug

:innocent

EVERY one screws up, at times Doug. :D

Dave :)

Ya... But Dave did.. "Man Up".. and THAT, in itself is commendable.. and representitive of being "Well Seasoned" ???? :clap::);):lmao

Joe

On Edit ? I'm not so sure he Forgot.. Or Screwed Up ? It was jus' An Oversight... maybe :dunno

Last edited:

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Him being a newlywed may of had something to do with it, had other things on his mind.
Doug

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Him being a newlywed may of had something to do with it, had other things on his mind.
Doug

Sorry WD40 I have a few months to go before our BIG DAY. Happy New Year to you and Joe. In fact HAPPY NEW YEAR to everyone here!

Dave

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
Confused the hell out of me, too! Higher watts implies either higher amps or higher volts.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Confused the hell out of me, too! Higher watts implies either higher amps or higher volts.

I hear ya Richard.

This whole L.E.D., and it's Techno side seems to have some very "Not So Normal" thinking to it.

I'm still Sluthing it.

DieselDo

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Just thought I'd throw my 2 cents in about the confusion on lower amp draw vs. higher wattage. Its true that led's draw less amperage at the same voltage. The higher wattage they seem to be refering to is in watts of light emmitted equivelent. For example new led based home light bulbs might draw 18 actual watts but they give the same output of light as a 60 watt incandescent.

As a side note, the voltage spike issue you mentioned was brought up in a recent radio club meeting, one of our engineers suggest its not the led itself causeing them, but could possibly be lack if filtering in the switching power supplies of high power leds.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58