Lift suggestions and where to buy

Munkey

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I got and am very happy with the ride I got with Superlift. I got the 4" 5 leaf front spring and put in 5" blocks in the the rear. Also used the Superlift shocks which may not be the best but are far from horrible. I will most likely go with Ranchos next. Plus got a Helwig swaybar. I'm running Nitto Terra Grapplers 315/75/16 on my stock rims now for 15k miles and they are wearing fine and no troubles even towing 6k lbs trailer.

mille-ryan

Loco Parts Changer
Reaction score
Same wheels I got Munkey.Funny thing is my X looks just like yours without the updated front, nice color.
Hey dont forget guys and girls post up your pics in the sticky album.

Last edited:

mille-ryan

Loco Parts Changer
Reaction score
Okay another question.Munkey you said you got the 4" kit, now is this a regular kit or did you mix and match some stuff.Just looking at most kits I see like a 5" front and a 4" rear, shouldnt be the other way around since most X's are tail draggers?Just want to make an informed decision on such a big dollar item.I know my X is a like the rest around and sits tail low if I dont have air in the bags, thats why I always run em inflated.
Also those who have lifts, did you have stock leafs when you did the lift, if not what does it change when ordering?

Munkey

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Your right they usually come with more lift in the front then the back. Somewhere, someplace and for some unknown reason all lift companys feel that we all want our trucks to sit level. In fact I would think if you took a poll on itw whether people want it level or with the stock rake, they would find that more times then not we all want a rake to it.
Well I at first put the added blocks that came with the kit to the stock 2" block. While it was level (by measuring running board height front and back) it drove me crazy with the full diaper look of the back dropping. Thus I went to 1 5.5" block to get where I'm at.

mille-ryan

Loco Parts Changer
Reaction score
Ok I get it now.So how do you figure out which rear blocks to get?Mines a stock set up and I hate the low butt look.Also is it worth the money for the dual front shocks or no big deal if mainly for highway use.Also did anyone here have to shim the bumper out?

Munkey

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I did not shim out my bumper. The only thing that rubs is the plastic deflector on the bottom of the bumper. So I cut the bottom most corner off about 1.5" on angle so it's not noticable. I wouldn't go with duel shocks for what the majority of us use our trucks for. If I was out west and always off-roading then I might.

The way I'd do it is figure out what size block the kit comes with that you using and add 1.5" to it. Remember that if you should never put more then 2 blocks on together and I if I was going to use more then 5.5" blocks I consider going to new rear springs. Or at least ask someone from the company your buying from. Superlift.com has a forum that answers your questions. Their tech staff monitors their forum for this reason. Very helpful:sweet

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
I had a Revtek 4" lift on our 2000 Excursion and was very happy with it. They are less expensive than the big names but the fit, finish and performance were excellent in my book. They offer a 4" or 6".

Munkey

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I paid $535 delivered for mine. However I did then change the rear blocks for an added $60

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14