Lift suggestions and where to buy

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Munkey said:
I looked at the Revtek posted above and it seems to have new 5" blocks from the start.
My 4" Revtek came with new front springs and a add-a-leaf for the back. No blocks.

Munkey

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
mille-ryan said:
Oh wow you just did blocks front and rear, dindt know that was out there.

Who did that? :roflmao :roflmao people tried that back in the late 70s when we first were lifting my 77 chevy. Everyone quickly learned they rolled out on hard corners.

The kit I got and posted there has 5 leaf springs in the front and blocks in the rear. I didn't want add a leaf in the rear because they have a tendency to ride much harder when unloaded which is about 75% of the time. I just went with a Helwig swaybar in the rear

mille-ryan

Loco Parts Changer
Reaction score
I understand Munkey... for some reason I thought the kit was a block only.I think Id like to go more that 3" though.

Munkey

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Well most people do.

This is my editorial on lifting trucks.

I've lifted 6 trucks in my life now from 3" to 8" and IMO if I am only going to put on 35" tires on and they clear without problems with a 4" set up why go to a 5". What purpose does it really serve except to get the center of gravity higher on these huge trucks anyway. If it's a matter of going to the 5" it's only a inch and $500 more. I've yet to see any Excursion or SD out on a trail that I've been out in my Jeep. They are just to big and they high center extremely quick over rocks etc. cause of the long wheelbase. Lifting an Excursion or SD serves only one purpose and that's to set yours apart from others in your area. And if you really want to go true 4 wheelin you'd be on the Jeep forum because they can go where our Excursions can only dream about. Plus the Ex's don't fit trails really well. I won't waste anymore time on my view points.:sorry

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14