Limited Slip....... NOT

Buffs F-350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got mine at pep boys it is two different weights for front and rear. I never noticed any difference in fuel economy.

zr1pete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update on the diff.....

Here's the latest, the truck goes in the shop next week for a new clutch pak,:sweet I'm going to ask the tech to tighten up (add) the clutches a bit while he's in there.:hail Should I still use the royal purple oil or just let the warranty handle it? thanks.....

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's the latest, the truck goes in the shop next week for a new clutch pak,:sweet I'm going to ask the tech to tighten up (add) the clutches a bit while he's in there.:hail Should I still use the royal purple oil or just let the warranty handle it? thanks.....

i would insist on the RP...otherwise the friction modifier has to be
ADDED (to the ford juice) and i wouldnt want to risk anyone
adding TOO MUCH

Kleetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just give them the RP to put in, then ask for the empties back...

bigbrother44

PSD or bust!
Reaction score
Now that I read this thread, I may have the opposite problem. I live 4.5 miles off the highway on a steep, twisting, chip seal road. I notice going up the hill, as I turn the corners, that the rear tire on the inside of the curve is spinning on the dry pavement. Is the limited slip too tight? I didn't realize it could be adjusted and don't want my tires wearing for no reason (although when they're gone I'll be able to justify the lift...:sly ).

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
There is really no adjustment for the LS. You can add some friction modifiers (Ford), or change the rear end oil if you think you have too much. Friction modifiers will help the clutched grab more.

Dave

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
actually the friction modifier is so the clutches SLIP a little...
w/out the modifier youll too much locking will occur.

I dont know how the ford pack is made but there are springs in
MOST that can be shimmed or tightened to allow "quicker" lock up
of the diff.

Kleetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd leave it alone for now... you might be the .1% that has one that likes to work. It will most likely loosen up with a little wear on it. Put some weight in the bed and it will probably be fixed in a mile or two...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
castellscl