Limited Slip....... NOT

93turbo_animal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
actually its liable to get worse my father-inlaws 02 with limited slip started binding up and would get worse with a trailer and heat from a long trip so we changed out the fluid and added the friction modifier and it started getting better but not great yet he needed to add a little more of the modifier

bigbrother44

PSD or bust!
Reaction score
I'd leave it alone for now... you might be the .1% that has one that likes to work. It will most likely loosen up with a little wear on it. Put some weight in the bed and it will probably be fixed in a mile or two...

Actually, the worse it ever got was when I towed a LOADED dump trailer up the hill. I KNOW the weight was maxed out on the trailer because the tires could barely turn under the fenders!:thumbs That's why I got the insurance too when I picked up that rental equipment!:sly That time I actually melted strips of the chip seal surface from the tires spinning up the hill.:doh: At the time I thought it was just because going up the hill, the trailer was HEAVY, but the bed was empty, so on the angle the weight shifted to the trailer and the truck was just too light in the bed to get good traction. It's pretty mild running empty, so maybe I'll just tell the dealer about the issue and let the warranty deal with it.

93turbo_animal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah just like my father inlaws truck worse when loaded and hot probably just needs a fluid change and the proper amount of friction modifier

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
castellscl