rant Looking for answers!

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
I just did a search on autotrader.com and it came back with 244 results using "unlimited" distance. Some are 6 ohs and some have over 140k on them but there are trucks out there. I would look for a southern truck that old and avoid the salt issues you get with northern trucks.

colotow

Just playin' in the sand
Reaction score
I have a 6sp also, i ordered mine new. broke the clutch arm at 75,000, put in a southbend with the new arm, worth every penny!

just be careful if you are looking at a southern truck that it didn't get the extended freee super wash!

bigrigr

Real trks hv 3 pdls
Reaction score
Sorry all you "auto" guys, but check out my avatar, and the jury is still out on the 18 wheeler debate. I believe that the reason for the autos in the big trucks have come as a result of the quality of drivers that are available. To many sissies that can't drive with both hands and both feet imo.The trans companies are pitching the "increased fuel mileage" crap to get fleets to buy them. Everybody knows that a standard trans will get better mileage than a auto in 2 like trucks. :rant

bigrigr

Real trks hv 3 pdls
Reaction score
Sorry republican, I got off subject a little on the last post, but wanted to let you know that I purchased my 2000 w/90,000 miles for 18k 1yr ago. But I looked for one w/a stick for a year before that. Be Patient, save some more money to throw in the pot, and don't settle for a car w/a heavy payload capacity! Long live the real trucks! :bootyshak

hawkdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It took a few months for me to find my '01 ZF6 but I was willing to wait as I wasn't buying one with an auto. I rode my Buell down to Tallahassee (2.5 hours) and loaded the bike in the back and drove it back home. I have since replaced the stock clutch (twice, but we won't talk about my bad weekend a few weeks ago) with a ZOOM ZVT Ceramic and it feels very stout. I'm happy with it. Patience.........

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
Everybody knows that a standard trans will get better mileage than a auto in 2 like trucks. :rant

but it also pollutes more, which is another reason the auto has beome standard, and the standard an option.

bigrigr

Real trks hv 3 pdls
Reaction score
I Believe the pollution issue could be debated, I used to be emission certified to test vehicles, and remember some questions in the test pertraining to that very thing. The #1 reason for auto's in pickups, and semi's, is the fact that many more drivers can operate these vehicles, ie women and people who never learned to drive a stick, even in city stop and go driving, and with less fatigue. But anybody who knows, would prefer the control of a standard when its needed most, towing and hauling heavy loads, if given a choice. imo :soap:soap

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg