Help Needed lOSS OF POWER

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
I have been looking at "OBDLink SX ScanTool" any experience with this or a recommendation for another? Not looking for a ""This is THE one"" endorsement.

I use AutoEnginuity on a regular basis, and yes, it has it's limitations. But other than the OEM IDS(think $thousands), I'm not sure what else I would recommend.

Last edited:

02Oilburner

SDD Power Hungry
Reaction score
I use AutoEnginuity on a regular basis, and yes, it has it's limitations. But other than the OEM IDS(think $thousands), I'm not sure what I would recommend.

I agree with RoyBoy! I have AE and I use it when ever I have any questions with my truck. One saved trip to the stealership would pay for the AE!

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I, also, have an AutoEnginuity package for my Windows Laptop. It is a nice package in that it has many features that you might not find in regular scanners, such as live data recording that lets you see what is going on with the fuel system, and others, as you drive.

Dave :thumbs

wcsmithiii

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Well Guys my apologies for taking so long. Got my scanner in, yes I went with the OBDLink before I got your advice. I hooked it up on the SD and it told me I had two "ECU's", "$7E9 and $7E8" both were clear of codes. Just to make sure it was working properly I hooked it up to my '96 Mazda 626 LX. Both Fords, right? Well, sorta. Read all three codes (already aware of) and cleared them. I guess tomorrow I will start as much of a tear-down and inspection as I can; can't afford to go to a "stealer" at the moment. If you think of anything please let me know. Thanks again for everything.

Bill Smith

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Mazda and Ford Trucks have NOTHING in common. Even Ford Cars and Ford Trucks have little in common when it comes to the code transmissions. Trucks use CAN communications and the cars use OBD II communications. More and more are going to CAN vs any other. I have never heard of $7E8 or $7E9 codes. Our codes are P-0123 format.

Dave

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
Tear downs on Powerstrokes without a proper diagnosis are a total waste of time. Sorry to be blunt, but it's true. Save your time and energy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58