MAP Sensor

brevelerib

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hello -- I am considering a MAP sensor,,, as a first mod... are there down falls to this, I realize you play you pay... But I just want to make sure it doesnt play havack... It looks like a great idea...

all advice is good advice .... Thanks

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you reffering to a boost fooler? Yea its ok, not the best mod. I didn't get too much out of mine. Wicked wheel will be a better mod and in the same price range.

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes a boost fooler... whats a wicked wheel???? Cheers

Xtreme Diesel's X-Wheel Compressor Wheel ....they have the cheapest wheel I have found

It's pretty much the pre-99 turbo wheels. The newer turbo wheels have larger fins all the way around. When you start doing your upgrades, wou will start having a turbo surge when pulling or on top end accelerating. It sounds like a train going ka-chuga. This is bad for the turbo and can cause turbo failure. Compare the price of this piece to a new turbo. From what I hear it spools up faster too.

brevelerib

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have no idea what CEL's are ... Im a green horn to this stuff:D ... and have not been seeing anycodes... I guess my thinking it would be an easy mod, I wont have a Tuner till next month, so maybe this idea is out ??? :dunno

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have no idea what CEL's are ... Im a green horn to this stuff:D ... and have not been seeing anycodes... I guess my thinking it would be an easy mod, I wont have a Tuner till next month, so maybe this idea is out ??? :dunno

Well if I could have gone back and done it over, I would have done the wicked wheel first and maybe I would be $1500 richer from my turbo going out.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I will second the gauges!! Get them NOW and you will be in the know when it is time to talk about EGT (Exhaust Gas Temperatures) and boost. Aluminum melts at 1230° F under the right circumstances, and you can melt them in a diesel truck. It is not normal, but it can happen with a chip or tuner. Knowledge is power.

Dave :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58