MAP Sensor

brevelerib

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Yes there is a guy on EBAY who makes them... I think he is from Kentucky. Someone told me that he makes a nice one... This was my original intent in this post ... ie map sensor... remember I dont have all the lingo yet... I have only had my truck for 2 weeks ahhhhh >>>

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes there is a guy on EBAY who makes them... I think he is from Kentucky. Someone told me that he makes a nice one... This was my original intent in this post ... ie map sensor... remember I dont have all the lingo yet... I have only had my truck for 2 weeks ahhhhh >>>

;tu Gotcha.

Not sure just how that thing works but an alternative would be to Install a Boost Pressure Relief Valve. It might be the same thing, but you can check it out at www.dieselsite.com

Good write-up on it too, useing the "Lingo" we all speak. ;)

Joe

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
;tu Gotcha.

Not sure just how that thing works but an alternative would be to Install a Boost Pressure Relief Valve. It might be the same thing, but you can check it out at www.dieselsite.com

Good write-up on it too, useing the "Lingo" we all speak. ;)

Joe

Can you post a link to the product you're talking about. I found the BIG BOOST item from Bill, at powerstrokehelp.com, suggestion. It comes with the MAP sensor boost fooler and a tube coming off the wategate that the red line plugs in to.

Ain't the purpose of the boost fooler is so when one does all the upgrades to the truck, the engine doesn't de-fuel during high boost situaions?

brevelerib

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
"Here's the best video I've found on that turbo wheel replacment.......

POWERSTROKEHELP.COM - The Information Source for Ford Power Stroke Diesel Owners "

This guy seems pretty interesting, seems like good info anyone else agree Cheers

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you post a link to the product you're talking about. I found the BIG BOOST item from Bill, at powerstrokehelp.com, suggestion. It comes with the MAP sensor boost fooler and a tube coming off the wategate that the red line plugs in to.

Ain't the purpose of the boost fooler is so when one does all the upgrades to the truck, the engine doesn't de-fuel during high boost situaions?

All the info is on www.dieselsite.com in the 7.3 section. They make their own.

A BPRV is just another way to not let the MAP sensor see any more than the stock max, yet build about 25 lbs or so. No CEL, No PCM defuel mode either. Cheaper too, I think.

ghoff

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Big joe - Well said, about aluminum pistons. I'm a welder and when I get the metal hot it melts, so to speak. So I guess I think in laymens terms.. haha

The pistons and rings do disipate heat pretty well, and are constantly quenched by incoming air/fuel mixtures which does allow them to hold up to higher combustion temps. I was just trying to convey that constant high egt's and by default combustion temps could start to degrade some parts.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
here is the link I know it shows a turbob click on it and under the picks you will see what I was chattin about... cheers:)

bigboost, buy and sell Parts Accessories on eBay Motors

Looks like it operates the same way.. bleeds off boost pressure before the MAP sensor senses it. Nice looking though.

Big joe - Well said, about aluminum pistons. I'm a welder and when I get the metal hot it melts, so to speak. So I guess I think in laymens terms.. haha

The pistons and rings do disipate heat pretty well, and are constantly quenched by incoming air/fuel mixtures which does allow them to hold up to higher combustion temps. I was just trying to convey that constant high egt's and by default combustion temps could start to degrade some parts.

;tu:lmao I hear ya. Just didn't want anyone to think that @ exactly 1235 degrees we'de all have 8 blobs of melted aluminum in our cylinders. :lmao

Joe
d

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58